Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, March 5, 2014

If At First You Don't Succeed

I have always thought this was funny:

If at first you don't succeed, to hell with it.

It is a sad  comment on how many give up so easily when there is difficulty mastering something. "I tried that once and it didn't work".

Maybe "it" would have worked had we persevered.

I have said several times that we learn the most when we fail at something. I will relate that to my quilting. I have had to rip out several seams over the years and it always taught me to either be more careful, pay attention to what I was doing, or read/follow the directions. My husband finished concrete. He said once that you learn the most when you have to tear out a slab of concrete.

When we fail at losing weight why is that the first step to doing it again?

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
The elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.
The lights are on but nobody's home.
Few bricks shy of a load.
Few fries short of a happy meal.
Not playing with a full deck.
Only has one oar in the water.

We don't fail until we give up. It's a no brainer. I am one of the worst offenders when it comes to repeating past mistakes when it comes to eating and drinking and spending. However, even if I do say "to hell with it" I always come back for anther run at it.

How about you?





4 comments:

  1. Perseverance. I think that's my word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ---and a good word it is. Sometimes we even have to just go on automatic pilot. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. “Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again” Not sure who said this originally, but in any case, it is a great saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. We all have to remind ourselves of that daily. I am there today needing to internalize the message. Take care.

      Delete