Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, February 27, 2014

What Gives?

I have felt like giving up before, how about you?
I have given in to my desire for food I didn't need, how about you?
When I give it all I've got, I feel better about myself and am confident about my future.

Giving up and giving in are both very easy to do. Taking the easy way out, however, robs us of the success that we long for. We make this choice each day. Some days, however, we really don't do anything really bad but really don't strain ourselves either. These days aren't total losses but aren't our best effort either. We can be learning and reflecting during those days I think. We can be convicted of our mediocrity and have that "I can do better than this" feeling. Those days come to us all. I know I have them when I am just kind of "blah" because I didn't sleep well or having a problem on my mind or dealing with aches and pains - you know the feeling.

Things are going pretty well. I am just going to have to wait until this thyroid things gets resolved. I am exercising 6 days a week and have done my plank challenge and a couple of balance exercises here at home. I am making good choices when I eat so that's about all I can do.

Are we giving it all we've got these days?



7 comments:

  1. So sad to know you're grappling with the thyroid thing. You are amazingly disciplined and dedicated to good food choices. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty frustrating and difficult not to feel like I "deserve" to be losing weight but things will start going in the right direction. I don't weigh much because it's kind of a downer some days. Hope you are still in control and doing well!

      Delete
    2. Not so sure about "doing well", but God is in control and I'm sticking with Him :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Myra, Yes, sorry about your thyroid issue. Bummer, but you keep in good spirits pretty well.

    I pace myself. I know that I can get all overboard on a certain day, and pay for that later by overuse of joints, mainly knees lately. But many people have the opposite problem of never ever being overboard. I guess we have to each know ourselves and face some truths to try to achieve that optimal level of effort. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This thyroid keeps me guessing about whether it's me or my thyroid causing my problems. I get tired. I get hungry. My knees and lower back bother me and I am always careful about not hurting myself. I figure if I hurt myself I won't be able to do anything and that would be a disappointment. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Ah, mediocrity is the bane for so many of us. I certainly do better when I push myself and I do try for that. I do not always make it. It is best to honestly try though. Isn't it? I'd rather have to scale back and give myself a break here and there than realize that I am ho-hum in my efforts. I have been on both sides of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does the saying go? It's better to reach for the stars and miss that aim for mediocre and succeed - something like that. Have a great day!

      Delete