Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Right Way To Fail

This is a complex subject. On the one hand everybody fails. On the other hand, it can become part of a cycle and we have our slogans ready for that. See this post from back in the day:

Slogans or Solutions

I read blogs of people who fail the same way over and over and over ad infinitum. I feel sorry for them because I know it is a defeated feeling. I have asked why they keep going back to what hasn't worked for them. I know it is about sticking to whatever method was chosen because there are people around who have lost with several different methods - they worked the plan. They stuck with it. I think the people who keep failing and are truly disturbed by it need to go to OA - they are past gluttony and sloth and into addiction.

My weight is fluctuating as much as 5 lb. from one day to the next. I am so thankful it has not caused the emotional eating that would have happened in the past. I am just going to have to wait until my thyroid situation is resolved. I went to a Body Pump class on Thursday and loved it. I will be doing that again. I am finishing up this post on Friday to be up on Saturday. Today I will be going to my step aerobics class and then I will be doing a session of the Ultimate Challenge. I am really getting better on the push ups. I am now doing 10 push ups that are getting closer and closer to what they should be. I do a 60 second wall sit, 3-30 second planks, 25 sit ups, 65 squats, 15 lunges, 40 crunches and some stretching. I can tell I am building some muscle. I am also sitting up straighter.

How many times did we fail learning to ride a bicycle? roller skates? tieing our shoes? playing any instrument? sports? Why didn't we let those failures defeat us? We really wanted the reward of success in those areas badly enough to stick with it. Failure can be a good thing if we know how to respond to it.

Be careful out there today.





6 comments:

  1. I fluctuate a lot too. I learned my potassium level is up and that can have something to do with fluid shifting . I'm working on avoiding foods with potassium. I don't know about that ultimate challenge but I go to a body pump like class that includes even more of those items. Easily over 100 squats. My thighs muscles and hamstrings stay strong when I go regularly. Keep it up.gives us quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we will both just have to deal with our fluctuations and do our best. I am hoping that my thyroid dies and I can just take a pill. I do love the body pump class! I am kicking it up a notch with the exercising so I have to be careful with my lower back and knees. Exercising absolutely improves our quality of life. Take care.

      Delete
  2. yeah - sometimes failure is just easier...have to push through that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Failure sure can be easier. We are so used to it that it can become second nature if we aren't careful and recognize our tendency to give in to it. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Keep it up, Myra! Hey, here's an inspiring post (in my opinion). What do YOU think? http://www.frugalqueen.co.uk/2014/02/staying-happy-on-cheap.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was very good Rebecca. Thank you. I need to be more like that - working on it. I am just going to have to ride out this thyroid thing. I am exercising and eating the right things and feeling good. Take care.

      Delete