Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Sore Back

I went to a Body Pump class last night and made my lower back sore. It is always somewhat sore but this morning it is REALLY sore. I either used too much weight or did something incorrectly or both.

I am thinking of wearing one of those belts that fits tightly around the mid-section for support of the lower back. Have any of you done this or have any information about doing this? I know I see those belts hanging around for the men who lift really heavy amounts. My wimpy little weights would look like baby rattles to them. I have heard that it's not wise to use those belts because one can become dependent on them. If it prevents a sore lower back I am going to try it. I think the belts are to prevent hernias for the men.

This Body Pump class was at a different time than the other one so there was a different instructor. She came in and WOW! Talk about cut. I could see every muscle. She almost looked stringy with muscle. She didn't have much personality and chewed bubble gum and blew bubbles the whole time. She didn't give any encouragement. I am not running her down. She was nice but all business. I couldn't hear her very well. The man I had for the first class was all personality, very friendly, and shouted encouragement as the class progressed. He didn't have a mouth full of gum and he was very good at what he did. I watched the girl and she did do something I haven't been doing. At the top of a dead lift she really tucked in her butt. I could see this in the mirror behind her and, as I said, every muscle showed.

I can't go to my step aerobics class this morning because Historic Centerville is producing a book for our BiCentennial this year. They want a group picture of the board members taken at 10 a.m. and guess who is on the board?

I am going to go to a Body Flow class tonight. Flowing my body may be less painful than pumping it. Hope so. Be careful out there today. I am going to go take some pain pills.


4 comments:

  1. So sorry about the sore back, but awesome job getting out there and pumping and flowing:) Be careful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to go lighter weights and be more careful I guess. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. I did a little bit of body building in high school with my sister, and we totally loved it. I sometimes wonder if I'd love it still--if I could find the time. Pain is a good thing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I encourage you to get back into it. When exercise is added to your regimen I think you will be more careful about what you eat because you won't want to undo all your hard work by eating unwisely. I also read that if you must choose between weights and aerobics, weights are better. Weight lifting can be quite aerobic if you are working hard. The sorest I have ever been in my entire life was after using one of those units that hooked to a door knob and there were pulleys for the feet and hands. I honestly thought I wasn't going to be able to get out of bed the next day so build up slowly and let me know how you do. Take care.

      Delete