Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, February 9, 2014

Catch 22

"Yellow Rose" Jasmine has an interesting take on the Philip Seymour Hoffman death from heroine. Read the comments as well please.

He was found with the needle in his arm so it is reported that the overdose killed him. Heroine killed him. There is no safe level and everything would have been OK had he not taken too much. This was pretty much inevitable. It's a sad loss. We all know how tough it is to kick something like this. We have kept going back to food. He kept going back to heroine.

Now the whole issue of legalizing various drugs and substances is in the forefront again.

Russell Brand  seems pretty loony to me but I think he makes his case pretty well here. I don't agree with him but this is the position of those who support legalization. I don't see anywhere the mention of personal responsibility and accountability. There are consequences for behavior. When we separate consequences from behavior we will have a nation of fools. I know some people are more susceptible to addiction than others but we all have to do the same things to avoid or recover from addiction.

I am a conservative Christian so you know what my stance is going to be. I believe in boundaries for behavior that come from a source other than ourselves. When everybody does as he/she sees fit (Romans) we become slaves to evil. Light and darkness cannot exist together. If we have the light of Jesus Christ the darkness and evil of this world we call Satan must leave. When we go into a dark room and flip the light switch, the darkness leaves.

Philip Seymour Hoffman had his demons. We all have our demons. His demons killed him. I can have the victory over mine.





6 comments:

  1. I just posted a lengthy comment on Jasmine's blog.

    I read Brand's piece, but I really don't see how making drug use safer will be a deterrent. I get that for the addict there is no deterrent... but what about those people who haven't tried it yet? It being illegal might be the only deterrent they have....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Robin. It's hard to put into words how I think Progressives who think they are so enlightened are making it easier for people to self-destruct. Their answer is always more government. People sitting around drugged up is a good thing because it has been made safer at taxpayer expense? I don't get it. We can't save them all and nobody forced them to start using heroine. We already have recovery programs and methodone clinics.

      Delete
  2. In the AA world they call it "your drug of choice". I think everyone has one and they all have one thing in common, you control them or they control you.

    Sad to lose a man who had so much ahead of him. We lost a similar friend last week. Very heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drug of choice is right. We cannot sit in judgment of others. We can only regret the loss. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out and sending your intelligent readers my way, via this post! My overall most honest feeling about drugs is that they're just stupid and only idiots would actually WANT to ingest them. Why would anybody want to be made stupider, slower, less aware, etc? I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also seems the reasoning is, "We legalized alcohol; we legalized cigarettes; therefore we must legalize marijuana". It's true however that laws aren't the issue, people are the issue. There's a market; someone will fill it. Take care.

      Delete