Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What About the Scales?

The Paleo Mom has some good thoughts on weighing here. She also has some other measures of success for all of us to consider.

As I sat this morning and thought about my 1 lb. weight loss for the whole week it occurred to me that at that rate I will easily reach my goal weight of 157 (30 more pounds) this year so what am I in a snit about? I will have to do the same things to keep off the weight as I have done to take it off. It's easy to fall back in to that cavern of thought that whispers,"You worked all week for a l lb. loss?"

I didn't even make the top 12 in the Biggest Loser contest I am in. The person who did win posted that she is following Weight Watchers and never ate all her points. She exercised every day and drank lots of water. She said she did that so she could at least win one week. She plans to relax a little bit now that she has won for this first week. As I said earlier, my win will probably come toward the end (which is in the latter part of March). I should have less competition by then and who knows maybe a 1 lb. loss will win at that time. It's all in how I look at it. This week a 1 lb. loss didn't even make the top 12 but the last week a 1 lb. loss may be the winner.

I'll have to let you know. Whether I win a week or not, I will continue.

Take care and be a big loser this week!

8 comments:

  1. A loss is a loss is a loss! "Continuing" is a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Continuing is much more important than the amount lost. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  2. I often find contests to lose weight within a certain time very demotivating. I can control what I do - what I eat, what activity I have (unless ill) - but I can't control what shows up on the scale in a given week. Having a great week where a loss didn't show up for me particularly when I was doing some sort of challenge has been known to get me off track completely.

    I applaud those who don't get off track and who are motivated by those types of contests. But, I do think it is important to recognize that weight loss and when it shows up on the scale doesn't necessarily come at the time that we feel is consistent with what we actually did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty - I answered over at your place. Now your comment is showing up. I have been having trouble lately getting things to publish. Again, eliminate the stress as much as you can. You don't have to be in a contest to be successful. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. I lost almost all of my last pounds at the rate of one pound or less per week. All that matters is that it's a downward trend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's the trend that is important and patience is key. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Consistency is always where it's at. With anything, really.
    You can do this, winning or not winning a contest, you will win in life with your right attitude, positive thinking and avoiding lame excuses.
    Good on you, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am beginning to accept this. When I start pondering over my next weight check I just tell myself that these days must continue consistently for success. It is who I am now. Be careful out there today.

      Delete