Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Well, well--

I weighed 185.5 this morning (3 times). I was not expecting that 1.5 lb. gain. However, it isn't muscle. I will weigh myself in the morning again. I have been pretty sore from doing the ultimate challenge and I think I have read that sore muscles can retain water. The food has been the same but I have to admit I don't keep a food journal.

I guess it wouldn't kill me to keep a food journal. It just makes this more of a chore to me and I have never done it except with Weight Watchers years and years ago with any regularity. I will weigh myself daily for a few days to see what happens.

This isn't the emotional tragedy it used to be. I read on Marc's blog a saying that went something like, "you don't slash your other three tires because you have one flat".

Be careful out there today.

4 comments:

  1. Myra - I've drank 1/2 to 1 gallon of distilled water for 3 or 4 days at a time, when I wanted to drop a few pounds for a weigh-in. For some reason I don't fully understand, it helps flush out the sodium/water retention. I've done this with low carb eating and have never been disappointed. Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This happens. I won't let it throw me. I've decided that this is how I am going to live and eat. If I have to tweak things along the way I will just consider it a part of the process of becoming what and who I want to be. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Those sneaky gains. I hate them! Love the slashing tires analogy. I slashed the tires yesterday - guess I have to write about it...bummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are your accountability partners. There won't be judgment because we have all done it ourselves. We don't fail until we quit trying. Don't let it become a habit but also don't let it throw you. Take care.

      Delete