Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, January 19, 2014

Time to Rumble

Got this quote at Marc's and want to expand upon the message.

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.   -Earl Nightingale

Remember when we couldn't wait for our next birthday? Remember when we couldn't wait for Christmas? Halloween? School to be out? School to start? I used to ask my Mom to count up how many more days it was until we got to go back to school. I loved school.

All those things happened. The time passed and boom there it was. The same amount of time would have passed had we been dreading those same events.

Can we wait and are we looking forward with excitement to reaching our goal weights?

Would we have done something to delay our next birthday? To delay Christmas? Halloween? School? Not on your life. We would have hurried those things up if we could have.

Why do we delay reaching our goal weights? For the sake of the example--if your goal is to reach your goal weight by January 1 of 2015 why would you or I do something to make that happen on January 1, 2016? That's a long time to wait for something. What if our goal is to lose 1 lb. per week? Why would we make it take two weeks to do that?

It's time to rumble and do this isn't it?

I am doing pretty well as I hope you are. I could tell my slacks that I wore to Church today felt looser. I have been doing planks. Those are hard for sure.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Myra and congrats on your own progress! To quote the famous Michael Buffer - Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a boxing announcer that trade marked that phrase. He gets paid 5 million dollars every time he says that in the ring. (FACT!) Not bad for a wanna-be-actor turned boxing ring announcer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about that but not the amount he gets paid. I would do it for 1 million :-) Maybe I should tell them. I am hoping for good news on Tuesday morning when I weigh. It's hard not to get stressed about weighing. Even as I sit here I ponder if I can make it to weighing without overeating. Craziness! Take care.

      Delete
  2. Hi Myra, Great that your pants are looser! What you're talking about up there is precisely why I started January Jeans Club in 2012. Why not always be working today for that long-term vision?! It's probably on our worst days that we need this message because I have no problem being very healthy on a happy day. It's those awful days that cause me problems. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that. If I hadn't been AWOL when you started that club I would have become a part of it! As it was jeans that I was wearing are now too tight. I just made more work for myself. It's my own fault so there is nothing to do but get down to business. Those awful days are awful for sure and it's during that time that we have to focus on what is truly important. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Yay on lose pants!!!!! And in response to Marc's comment, $5 million? That's crazy talk! I'll see your million and take on that responsibility for $500,000:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay is right! It's so encouraging. It's hard to believe people get paid that much for something so seemingly easy. I have heard him say that before and I think it's annoying but as they say (whoever they are) - whatever :-) Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I hope my readers always get a tad bit from what I write. We are all in this together! Take care.

      Delete