Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, January 3, 2014

Slaps Self In Forehead

Read this.

You will be slapping yourself in the forehead as well. Tell me your favorite(s).

I have been going to the bathroom like crazy. My 1.5 days of vegan which is virtually no salt has shown me how much water I had to be retaining. I was told about a coffee substitute as well which I will let you know about as soon as it is delivered and I try it.

Another thing about that vegan plan was that they only recommended 3 glasses of water a day. The rationale was that fruits and vegetables were mostly water and without salt and caffeine in the diet the 8 - 10 glasses a day I have been used to wouldn't be necessary. Whatever.

We have been under a level 2 snow emergency and more snow is on the way. I will be getting a lot of quilting done. Good thing there are plenty of groceries here. Duane or Nathan will get out in their 4 - wheel drive trucks if necessary. It's a man thing.

I just boiled some eggs and am reading up on the Paleo/Primal/Caveman thing. I think I will lift some weights here at home as my aerobics class was cancelled today. We are supposed to get snow and sub zero temperatures so it wouldn't surprise me if Monday was cancelled as well. Onward.

Hope everyone is on track, on schedule, on point, on top of things and all that.

6 comments:

  1. Coffee substitute? Bite your tongue, blasphemer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it but my blood pressure is still a bit high when I don't have coffee and it's way too high when I drink it very much. I don't like de-caf very much - just no "body" to it. Oh well. I guess there are worse things. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are committed to your weight loss for 2014. I noticed that you put your weight in the sidebar. Nothing like accountability. Yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. After all my preaching and exhorting and convicting others and all that I now have been put in my place. I guess things like this keep us humble. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. Wondering if you kept your electricity, heat, etc. I've cooked an unusual # of meals at home the past few days. We normally eat out, I confess. Some black bean chili really went well and I used the leftovers over some pasta. Good thing about Fast-5, it works just fine when snowed in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. We did not lose our electricity and I am thankful but we do have a wood stove and I have perked coffee and cooked on it before. I have not been out once since this weather hit and don't intend to until the end of the week when it warms up. I have been eating OK but have been a real slug in the activity department. Quilting doesn't burn many calories :-) Take care.

      Delete