Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, January 31, 2014

Look see -

I weighed 180.5 this morning - a loss of 5 lb. since my unexplained gain that I was just about ready to blame on the scales :-) See to the right.

I didn't lose the muscle I probably gained while sitting here quilting for two weeks due to the awful weather here in Indiana.

I wasn't in starvation mode and needed to eat more because my body was all confused and holding on to food.

I always put some senna tea in my "tonic" as I call it. I have a 64 oz. drinking jug with a straw and when I get that down in one day that's 8 glasses of water. I do drink some herbal teas so I count that as the other two glasses. I haven't gotten to the place of drinking 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water yet. I would rather lose weight so that what I am drinking is enough :-)

Along with the senna tea (great for the bowels) I put in some of my garlic/ACV/honey mixture. I add just a little crystal light (1 tsp.) to cover up the taste. It's pretty bad. I fill up the jug with water. I have gotten this down two days in a row and let's just say things are moving right along.

In the past that unexplained gain would have caused me to want to throw in the towel and have a binge which I have done more than once.

I can use myself as an example proving my point that staying the course will result in success regardless of a few potholes here and there.

Be careful out there today.

14 comments:

  1. Good for you. I am glad that what you are doing is working!!! Success breeds success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It certainly was encouraging to see that number pop up twice! Perseverance pays off! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is Senna? I will have to look for that - don't know if I want to do the other mixture but I am up for new things. Glad you didn't spin out. I did earlier in the week but I'm back on track. We do learn not to freak out though over time - that was my first pity party in a long time where I really gave in and even that wasn't its usual mess. Learning! Great job on the scale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get straight senna tea in a health food store. I go to Meijer and it is in the area where all the vitamins and supplements are. It is called Digestive Tea. I have seen brands that call it Smooth Move. Read the label. If it has senna in it you are good. Just be careful. I would only suggest half a cup at first per day. If you drink a full strength cup of it you may not be able to hold it (ask me how I know). I like the visual of "spinning out" - perfect. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Marc. I hope you are well and on track.

      Delete
  5. I can kind of imagine your happiness at this loss! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super happy. Maybe I'll be the biggest loser in my contest this week! Hope so. Take care.

      Delete
  6. You are so right about staying the course when something turns up on the scale that wasn't what was expected given what you did during the week. That is so important to do (and sometimes hard to do).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hard to do but we know this given how long we have been battling our weight. It isn't like it's never happened to us before but we can still let it get to us can't we? Take care.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hooray is right. I couldn't believe my eyes at first. I couldn't believe my eyes with that gain either. Take care.

      Delete
  8. Wow, that's great! You deserve it, after a tough one last week. You went at this in a smart way, not feeling sorry for yourself and just kept going. I remember a weight I got stuck at and I also remember that I was bound and determined to change it & that sucker didn't budge for 3 weeks. There was a fair tumble in the numbers over the next several weeks after that. I bet you'll see that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. "Smart" and "weight loss" haven't been used in the same sentence to describe me as a general rule up to now. I can see that the lifestyle changes are sticking. I hope to get closer and closer to my goal weight going forward. Be careful out there today.

    ReplyDelete