Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, January 13, 2014

How's the View?

When we get up each day, how's the view? Does the day ahead seem like one of drudgery with things that have to be done, with things that have to be endured?

I must admit many mornings I think about what I have to do without injecting some joy and excitement for having something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. I get tired of being asked how I am some days but when asked I do the obligatory, "and you?" The answer is usually something that refers to when someone gets off work or some "end". I always say, "There are people lying in the hospital right now, and you are not one of them." I have been thanked for that before. I should consider my blessings in the same light.

Tomorrow morning I will send in my weight for The Biggest Loser contest I am in. There must be several in it because the weekly prize for total weight loss is $70!! I thought it was a typo but I guess not. The prize for most pounds lost at the end is $105! They figure a percentage of body weight to determine winners. I would love to win but if someone is just starting and gets the advantage of that first week's water weight loss maybe not - that's OK - I started the contest a week after I had begun using my brain again so I figure I will win later in the contest after people drop out and the new wears off after the first couple of weeks. We have a private group on facebook and there are some who are already confessing and repenting so my strategy is just to keep on keeping on and my day will come if I stay the course.

I will be back at step aerobics today for the first time in two weeks due to all this bad weather. I am going to be sore but I deserve it. I should have exercised here at home and didn't. My bad.

I will be posting my weight in the morning. I am looking forward to it because I have stayed the course but I guess I'll always be a little apprehensive about weighing myself.

Be careful out there today.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I stopped right at your words "having something to do, something to love, and something to hope for"! That's powerful, my friend! I have all three this morning - so the "view" is GREAT! (Thanks for asking!)

    And you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great view as well; I just sometimes take it for granted. I must work on my attitude of gratitude for all the small things that make for big blessings. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Does someone win every single week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kyra. We each paid $25 to get in so there must be several! The weekly jackpot and the total winnings are based on the number of people who join for the $25. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think we all tend to take our blessings for granted. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Good luck woman! That's a whole lotta money weekly, that's a nice bonus to weight loss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those things that can make me stressed and think of self-sabotaging. My brain starts in with "if you are not going to win, you might as well lose for sure". Sometimes- - - - Be careful out there today.

      Delete