Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, January 24, 2014

Fitness Challenge

This is the fitness challenge I have settled on. My problem is the push ups. I have never been able to do them. I struggled to get the 5 done on the first line sloppily - and those were "girl" push ups with the knees bent. When we do push ups in my aerobics class I lie on my back and do bench presses with an 8 lb. weight in each hand. The planks have made my lower back feel better. I was pretty impressed with myself on everything but the push ups. There is a rest day every 6 days so I have decided to stay on each line 6 days and then rest a day before going on to the second line. I'm an animal.

The wall sit has really made my thighs sore. Just looking at the first line it would seem like a piece of cake but try it and you will understand how tough some of those are. The plank and the wall sits are stated in seconds to hold the pose, the rest are number of repetitions to do. Let me know how you did.




4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the push ups. I have never broken through that glass ceiling to success. I used to daydream about being able to do one arm push ups while looking sexy like Demi Moore in G.I.Jane but I gave up on that. But...I am sooo impressed that you have it on your list - I bet you will get there, just keep going for it! In fact your whole workout routine sounds pretty amazing but also a realistic way to approach it week by week. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think women are just naturally weaker in the upper body than men but we don't have to accept that as our fate. Push ups are such a great exercise because we use our own body weight and they can be done anywhere and the results can be wonderful based on the time spent doing them. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. Everyone has their own starting point at whatever point of their life they are in. I have a younger brother that was much more athletic, and physically stronger than I when we were teenagers. Over the decades he has let himself go through neglect and abuse of his body by overeating junk and more junk. He now needs help getting up out of a chair and walks with a cane. Your planks and wall sits are impossible dreams for him at this point, and your 5 push ups are a pipe dream. Does this mean he can never achieve physical fitness again in his life? No, it just means he really needs to change his attitude towards exercise and nutrition if he wants to stop and reserve the downward trend he has spiraled into. You are doing AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I guess we tend to look at those who can do more than we can do rather than being thankful for the ability we have to achieve fitness if we are willing to do the work. I hope your brother gets tired of being trapped in a body that won't let him experience all the many wonderful things that are available to us. Continue to set the good example for him and maybe he will have that light bulb moment that will get him on the path to good health. Take care.

      Delete