Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Did I Win?

I lifted this from my sister's blog: jensgyrations.blogspot.com

When I first saw this, I thought about how to tie this message to most of us and our weight loss efforts. The answer to the question might be - "duh".

This horse has all the first place ribbons all over him and has to ask the question, "Did I win?".

Do we have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Yes. We can win because we are alive, we are free, and if we want to pursue a healthy weight, what's stopping us? Do we know what to do and how to do it?Yes. We have known that for years. In order to win that race this horse had to consistently run, get out of the starting gate effectively, and was not able to run a while, then trot, then walk or stop before beginning to run again. This horse did spend a lot of time practicing and I'm sure had a very strictly controlled diet in order to run with all the energy necessary to win. These horses even wear blinders so as not to be distracted by other horses or the audience. This horse didn't even know when to stop until the jockey let it be known; he was running flat out and crossed the finish lane and got all these ribbons.

Now that this horse has run the race and won it, will it be fed junk and allowed to be lethargic? I doubt it. It wouldn't be able to compete in any more races that way.

Something or somebody has to open that gate so the horse can get started. I wonder how many gates I have opened only to take for granted the race that I was undertaking and never got to the finish line. I have even reached my goal weight twice, had the ribbons, and then threw them away - I didn't realize I had won. I forgot or took it for granted and turned around and retraced my steps back to the starting gate and had all that weight to carry through the race once more.

How is your race going? Even the other horses in the race cross the finish line. They also ran the entire time. Their race was perfect in its own way. I don't care so much about the first place ribbon as I care about a consistent race that has me crossing the finish line one last time.

I'll either catch up with you or wait for you waving my arms and welcoming you to the winner's circle with me. Don't make me have to come get you :-)



6 comments:

  1. You're making some real impressive progress, Myra! And your posts are really inspirational. I'm keeping my weight off in spite of being quite sluggish and inactive due to a long-lasting cold, etc. Finally, the last few days, I've started feeling better. Happy to see my blood pressure within acceptable range (it had been high). So yes, my race is going better - now that I'm feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is certainly a lot of sickness out there and I am sorry to hear you have been under the weather. We have had a bug here but I didn't get it. I must be immune to the flu because I have been exposed to it three times now. I don't get a flu shot and don't get the flu. I fight my blood pressure as well. I think some of the medications we take for colds can cause our blood pressure to rise. I am glad what I write helps. It helps me too. Get well soon.

      Delete
  2. Love it! love it! love it! We can be our worst enemies when we should be acting like thoroughbreds not old nags! Great post and great determination to get back to the gate! "This ain't my first rodeo" either! We press on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister and thanks for the kudos! Thoroughbreds we are. We can run our races and win them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to this all! We press on, I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we get close, it's easy to let up but the race isn't over yet! Hope you are well.

      Delete