Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, January 2, 2014

Change of Plans

After watching this I am just going back to the low-carb eating plan that I lost weight with in the first place. Vegan is not for me - too hungry, woke up with a headache, and I can tell it's not going to be a fit for me.

I saw this information at Anna's blog and it just hit home with me that I was doing it right in the first place.  I am going to chuck that stupid chain too.

I have pulled another one of my stunts that is so typical of me. Something new, jump in with both feet, copy recipes, buy the book, get all kinds of groceries, get food made ahead (way ahead this time) and then when sanity returns and the new wears off, I am back to reality.

You have no idea how much quilting fabric I have, how many quilt patterns, how many partially done quilts, and other things that are too many to list.

Giving up the coffee and salt is one good thing from following this for two days, well, not quite - I had a protein bar today about 3:30 when I watched that video. It's back to low carb for me.

Any of the rest of you pull stunts like this?

I am going to boil some eggs.

Be careful out there today.

4 comments:

  1. :) Hope you're not offended that I see some humor in this...You're right, I think, to dance with the one who "brought" you. You can and you WILL do this, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deserve it. I am so pathetic. Want some tofu? I do appreciate all your comments - helps me keep my sanity. Be careful out there today. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention. I gave a vegan diet a go for six years, following the experts advice to lose weight, and wound up fatter than when I started and pre-diabetic. Dr Poon's low carb diet is working so well for me I find it almost effortless now. There are people who thrive on vegan diets but I wasn't one of them. Insulin / blood sugar was controlling my life, but now I'm in control! I love never having cravings and not thinking about food 24/7! Here's to meeting our goals in 2014, we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low carb is definitely that way for me as well. We will do this. Take care.

      Delete