Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blogging Woes

I have been getting error messages when I try to publish a blog post and have given up a couple of times now. Here we go again.

As you can see I have posted another weight and am now headed in the right direction regarding my weight, my head, my heart, and my habits. I will be weighing on Tuesdays now because a gal at Church started a Biggest Loser contest and I thought "Why not?" - I'm losing weight anyway so I might as well see if I can earn some money for it. It cost $25 to get in and the winner each week gets $6 and then for the total at the end the winner gets I think it was $30 and second place gets $20 so I should be able to get my money back. That used to add more stress knowing that I would be expected to turn in my weight each week but it really isn't bothering me. If this is truly a lifestyle change then all the Tuesdays for the rest of my days will be just another day as I make a string of successful days.

Weight Watchers used to be so stressful for me when being weighed and somebody weighing me and seeing it. They were always encouraging regardless - I was the problem. But then, I was following somebody else's rules and breaking the rules was bad so therefore I was bad.

I'm OK with all of this. We have had some really bad weather and I could not get out for 4 days straight. Got a lot of quilting done but quilting is not a real calorie burner you know. Tomorrow I will be back at my aerobics class so I will be sore. I don't know why I have such a time getting myself to exercise at home but I do. Classes and company work so much better for me.

I have been waking up to a dull headache which I attribute to low blood sugar. I was up this morning at 4:30 with it so I had my raisin bran muffin and some coffee, the headache left, and I went back to bed and got some more sleep. I had a banana when I got up. I will have a big salad at some point today and might make some tuna salad.

I was down to 175 lb. before I left my brain somewhere so if I get too big for my britches :-) just remind me would you? I crack myself up sometimes. 

All in all, things are going well for me as I hope they are for you. It is all up to us isn't it? Be careful out there today.

10 comments:

  1. In one sense, yes. ALL is up to us....Almost.
    It's good to hear you've "found" your brain and are once again on the right track.
    The Biggest Loser challenge at your church sounds interesting. So many of us need incentive and encouragement - both of which come in so many forms.
    I dragged out our rebounder and jumped for 10 minutes. Will do another 10 later this afternoon. Kind of hoping it will break up the crud in my chest and speed this flu/cold out of my system!
    Make it a "good" day, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might google it and perhaps figure out how to do your own challenge at your Church. There are 30 people in our challenge. It should be fun. Congratulations on the rebounder but be careful. I was sick once and got myself heated up through exercise and then I was sicker than ever. If you didn't get sicker after yesterday you should be OK. I guess I consider it a given that God provides strength if we ask. It's too bad we turn to Him as a last resort sometimes isn't it? We have had a stomach bug at our house. I didn't get it but Duane and Nathan have been sick for almost two weeks with it. I don't get a flu shot and I don't get the flu - what a blessing. Be careful out there today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the contest! I don't know how to quilt, I'm just trying to figure out my new sewing machine. Well ... new to me, anyway, it's actually a 1901 Singer treadle machine, model 27. It needs a good clean, oiling, and somehow I have to figure out how to put the new belt on! Lol. If I get that far I can tackle some entry level sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna - thanks for the comment. Go to YouTube and I'll bet you'll find a video on your sewing machine. YouTube also has videos on everything in the world it seems and you could learn sewing there. I also recommend the Craftsy web site. They have classes there that you can pay for and watch an instructor and finish a project with them. I would also recommend going to a local Quilt Shop to check out their classes and see if there is a local quilting club that you can join. They will be glad to teach you to quilt. It's so rewarding to give quilts to family members. You know they will keep them and pass them on and you will be fondly remembered long after we go to those great scales in the sky. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Only 31 pounds to go!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the year I get to 157lb. I'm going to do it if I have to amputate one of my legs. Take care.

      Delete
  5. Hey there gal! :) I'm back on that train with you, I'm up to 175. Ahhhhh how I loathe holidays! Well.. just the aftermath, I really do love the holidays while I'm eating it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you girlfriend. I guess mess-ups like this keep us humble and reminds us of the need for vigilance and the truth that there are things we just have to give up. That holiday food and drink was pretty awesome wasn't it? I have never had so many eating occasions as there were this year. Now it's time to slap ourselves around a bit and clean up our acts. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  6. I love the tone and tenor of your blogging voice that I'm reading here. It seems you truly are back on track. We'll all help one another and drop a bunch of dead weight this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in! This is my year to reach goal weight. Take care.

      Delete