Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, December 27, 2013

Preparation Mode

Even though I still have two more events I began the day after Christmas just getting back to three sensible meals a day and a snack (like a few almonds or 1/2 a food bar) at night. I was up probably 5 times last night getting rid of the water retention from the carbs.

My event tomorrow evening is at a restaurant so I can order something sensible and it will count as dinner and snack. Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m. is a family get together so that meal will count as lunch and dinner. There will be all the usual holiday things but truthfully it's getting old. The food is getting old but I love spending time with my family. They are the best.

I will be making a cabbage soup on New Year's Day. Do any of you have cabbage on New Year's Day for good luck? My mother in law used to make a pot of cabbage with the smoked sausage and potatoes in it and she would add a dime to the pot. Whoever got the dime in their serving was supposed to have an extra amount of good luck in the coming year. Of course, we went through the children's servings to make sure they didn't get the dime. Choking to death would not be considered good luck.

You know what gets me? People who ask me if I am still losing weight. For crying out loud I've regained you idiot (I said that in my brain). I usually very good naturedly break the news to them that I have regained some of the weight and will be working on it post haste.

I will start a new weight chart on Wednesday. I can take it.

Anybody else glad the holiday is drawing to an end and we can get back to our routine? Me for sure. I read that one of the signs of an addiction is that the person goes ahead with the behavior in spite of knowing what the negative consequences will be.  That's all I'll say about that.

Be careful out there today.

6 comments:

  1. I am SO glad the holidays are over soon so I can get back to my routine - which hasn't been my routine for almost half a year now... oh well.

    I've never heard of cabbage soup for luck, but that comment about the dime made me laugh. Choking on one would definitely be bad luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to get back in control and will be able to stay with my lifestyle changes consistently soon. I am doing it now for the most part - exercising, water, and the food plan - you know - what works. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Routine is also a must for me too. I have also regained some weight back and have to get refocused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can support and encourage each other Katrin. I have been away from blogging because I just got tired of it but I can already see how that extra support and accountability helps. I am already turning this ship around and easing back into what works consistently. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely happy to see you back! Routine is hard and some of us fair better than others. My poor husband just can't bear the temptation! So we're both back at it together as I like extra accountability and want to finally lose just a tiny bit more- for vanity mostly... Good luck, everything is easier when we help each other out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back and good to hear from you again. Take care.

      Delete