Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, December 28, 2013

CANNOT's

Isn't there a riddle that goes something like, "can't, can't sitting on a fence watching all the can's go by"?  I am going to make somewhat of an issue with that. I think it is meant to shame people who say they can't do something into getting out there and get something accomplished.

There are some things that I have accepted that I CANNOT do even though there are many who can do the same thing without a problem.

I CANNOT keep wine in the house and just drink one small glass in the evening. That lasts for two evening at the most and then I will open the bottle and drink the whole thing. I then have dry mouth and leg cramps at night and worst of all if I drink alcohol I want to eat a whole pizza. I have a sister-in-law who is a stick and she came out one evening and drank four 16 oz. beers one right after the other. She doesn't eat when she drinks and she smokes so I may be better off in the long run but the point is she drinks and is a stick. I drink and will gain weight, lose control, and have a bad attitude. I know this but how many times have I told myself, "I can do it this time"? One of these days I will learn ya' think?

I CANNOT eat very many carbs without getting a craving for them. They actually make me half sick but does that stop me? Not so far.

I CANNOT order a large meal and then take half of it home for another meal. I either make myself half sick on it or just eat the rest of it when I get home. I have a weight lifter son who will solve that problem if he is home and if by some chance I bring some home.I know to just order a small meal and eat it all.

I CANNOT skip exercising. I must exercise at least 3 times a week. More is better but 3 is the minimum or I start feeling lethargic and start slipping up in other areas.

I CANNOT skip drinking plenty of water. I usually end up trying to eat enough to make up for the need for fluids - never a good idea.

There are people who CAN do these things. I will just have to watch them go by while I sit on the fence where I am safe.

Are there things you have accepted that you CANNOT do and be successful?

10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely one of the CANNOT people. And I just have to live with that I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wise to know our limitations and live by them. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I am so a CANNOT person. Accepting that and making the changes I needed were key to my weight loss/maintenance. So glad to be reading you again Myra:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to get your encouraging and supportive comments again as well. The support from other bloggers is invaluable. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. I relate to most of these. I cannot have one bite of chocolate or candy or donuts or potato chips or pretzels. One bite is too many and 1000 bites are not enough.

    http://52lbsin52weeks.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/fat-serenity/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must know our limitations and respect them. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I cannot have sweets in the house. Period.Pretty much the same as you with carbs, too......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much easier if those things just aren't around. Once we start having it around and we know better it's inevitable that we will get into them so why do we put ourselves through that? We may never know. Take care.

      Delete
  5. I do tend to think a lot of 'can't' is just 'won't' in disguise. However, in this case it sounds like you are perfectly willing to deal with the issues in a way that works for you and that certainly isn't anything to feel bad about. As long as we do what we can, then that's all anyone can ever do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always say something encouraging and I appreciate you so much. Be careful out there today.

      Delete