Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, October 17, 2013

There Goes Another Excuse

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/16/athletic-mother-of-three-under-fire-for-posting-this-picture-do-you-think-theres-anything-wrong-with-it/

Great picture. Great message.

I have heard many women using having babies as an excuse for their weight. Eating too much for whatever reason causes excess weight, not having babies. My mother had 4 babies and stayed at a normal weight. In this world of political correctness and the mindset of "fairness" we have to be careful of hurting someone's feelings. I applaud this woman for sending the right message. Those who resent her are jealous of her because she destroys an excuse and because so many of us can't compare with her.

I don't have much of an excuse for not blogging. I have lost interest for the moment. And being totally honest, I miss Al and Norma. Many didn't like their style but I found them to be honest and straightforward. There was no confusion about where they stood on an issue. I thought they were a little harsh at times but they really provided some great leadership.

Hope all of you are doing well and experiencing the kind of success that comes from throwing out the excuses and getting/staying serious.

10 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, Myra. I was WONdering :)
    Still enjoying the "success" of my Fast5 lifestyle. Life has become complicated during the last 5-6 weeks as my 86 year old father underwent a triple-bypass surgery and my mother was placed in a Memory Unit in the home in which he was rehabbing....We're keeping the roads "hot"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life happens doesn't it? Glad you aren't using it as an excuse to over eat. It's good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Myra, my aunt jogged through all of her pregnancies, so I have no problem with that woman either. Al and Norma had a style that I personally responded to well. But I just keep going forward. Bottom line, we need to be our own best leader. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true that we need to be "inner driven" rather than "other driven" but Al and Norma could really point things out that hit home and that's one of the reasons we blog - for the group support. The ones who do become their own best leaders are the ones who get the weight off and keep it off for sure. Hope all is well.

      Delete
    2. I'm curious about Al and Norma :) I must not have "run in the same circles"! I take it they are no longer blogging?

      Delete
  3. I personally loved the message that came out of that woman's photo. Can't imagine a world where her message would be seen as negative, but then I see a lot of things that I couldn't have ever imagined these days!
    It is always good to see a post from you and get something out of what you have to say. Glad to hear you are doing well and have been hoping you might jump back in again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Jasmine. I might surprise you one of these days and start blogging again but for the moment I just don't have the heart for it. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Al and Norma have both gone private with their blogs. I enjoyed both of them but they did alienate many people with their "in your face" style. They both used profanity and did not shy away from a confrontation with those they viewed as just playing around with something they viewed as very serious. I found both of them to be sympathetic with those who struggled if that person truly made an honest effort but stumbled along the way. What they could not abide were the ones who blogged about health and weight loss just to make friends and have fun without any serious effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's kind of how I am, too (sans the profanity - usually)...sympathetic with those who are making honest efforts etc.

      Delete