Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, August 10, 2013

Family Reunion

We had a family reunion today. You know how you can never find anything worth eating at those things. ;-) I was good however. I had my usual bran muffin that I use all whole wheat flour and substitute the sugar for Stevia in the Raw when I bake them. I had a handful of almonds before I left. I made a green bean casserole to take as I have a bazillion of them. I had slaw, taco salad, two naked hot dogs from the grill, some of my green bean casserole, and cantaloupe for dessert.

There were plenty of opportunities to "stray". There was potato salad that looked great as well as a pasta salad. There was a Texas sheet cake, a peanut butter pie, and cookies in addition to a jello cake all of which did not tempt me. I will say it again. If you will get the carbs out of your system they do not call your name anymore. I never thought I would see the day. I just drank water and had some black coffee. I passed on the beer I was offered.

When at events like this we must do the best we can. I am probably done eating for the day. I will probably have one more cup of decaf coffee with creamer and some green tea. I like those flavored creamers for a treat but they can be a little "much". I mix them half/half with half & half - does that make sense? There are 2 cups of creamer in those bottles so I mix 1 cup of the creamer with 1 cup of the half & half and it cuts the carbs in half. I know I probably should leave creamers out all together but it is a treat that I enjoy and doesn't take me out of my carb limit for the day.

After all, it's low carb not no carb. I think my liver can handle the small amount of additives in this. It's a choice. Do you have any "sinful" things that are a treat for you but which you can control now?

Be careful out there today.

6 comments:

  1. I still drank half and half through out my entire weight loss. There was one thing I needed, and coffee was it. It really didn't effect my weight loss. 125 pounds in 14 months is still pretty admirable I think. Sounds like you did awesome Myra. It's not easy, but it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It feels so much better to come home knowing I stayed in control and didn't use the occasion as an excuse to overeat. It's not about the food; it's about the family. How many times have I seen how much I could eat at events like this and then come home and punish myself by eating more? I really don't want to know. Take care.

      Delete
  2. 85% chocolate- a small serving. Very rich. Does not trigger. It's all good.

    Glad you stayed food sober. It's worth it. Those reunions come and go and your mind stays even. Awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even enjoy the 90% chocolate although it is just a tad bitter but like you say - "it's all good". Being in control is very freeing. Take care.

      Delete
  3. You did great, Myra! I think I kind of know how good you felt to have stuck to your plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have the self-confidence to choose NOT to eat some things just because I can! Take care.

      Delete