Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, July 7, 2013

Who Knew?

The Journal of the American Medical Association has some astounding findings.

Turns out if people are awake longer they eat more. Go figure.

Weight gain was also linked to being sedentary.  How amazing :-) is that?

We are stuck in a rainy, cool pattern. I just canned 35 quarts of green beans. I could not believe it. It was the first picking of 3 rows and there will probably be at least two more pickings. It will be tomatoes after that. The peach tree is loaded as well. I am doing the "3 sisters" method with my sweet corn. This is what you do:  first, plant your sweet corn and when it is about knee high plant a vining bean that will use the sweet corn for support. I used white half-runners. You then plant some kind of squash between the rows. I used butternut squash on the first planting and spaghetti squash on the second two. The squash vines will cover the ground blocking out weeds and holding in moisture.

Take care.



6 comments:

  1. Kinda funny that they have to conduct studies to find this stuff out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wonder how much money is spent finding out what any reasonable person could understand. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I see you've made sure you have no excuse to be sedentary! Happy picking & canning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the old back holds out. I am always so proud of all those beautiful jars of produce. I keep thinking we need to be prepared for the collapse of the economy. I will be canning and freezing a lot and my husband and son will be getting that root cellar I described done before winter. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe they pay people for that research--when they could have asked us for free!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody has too much time on his/her hands. Take care.

      Delete