Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 15, 2013

Where Does Your State Fall?

http://www.weather.com/health/which-country-fattest-20130709

Guess which country is the fattest? The states are also listed from the very fattest (#1) and on down the line. Indiana where I live is the 13th fattest state with an alarming 28.8% obesity rate. That's pushing 1/3.

Where does your state fall?

We can be a part of the solution or a part of the problem.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Myra! Well, Wisconsin is not one of the highest, but it's quite a bit more complicated than that. I do people watching when I go places. In Madison, a very healthy city, I have counted up to 8 slim people in a row before a chubby person is seen. But in Milwaukee, yesterday, I saw 3 people on mobile chairs within 3 blocks. We have pockets of healthy people and pockets of people with loads of health problems. In my neighborhood, I live in a historical district, meaning that homeowners have ultra strict housing codes. And, not surprisingly, our neighborhood has slimmer than average women. And it matters. What is average in your neighborhood is sort of a standard for people. I've personally gotten slimmer since being in this slimmer neighborhood. It's just easier to be slimmer. Even at parties, nobody feels bad if you skip all of the party food, because other neighbor women do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make some very good points Marion. I think we could also tie it to income levels as well. I have noticed people on public assistance are more obese. This could be from being able to afford fresh vegetables, etc., but also I think they just don't know any better. I may expand upon this in a future post. Thanks for the idea. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. I live in Indiana too. I'm still in the fat/obese category, so shame on me there, but as long as we are working towards getting fit/eating healthy, I count that as progress. Let's be good role models for our state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always move to New York, where you have to write the Mayor to order Cheese Doodle permission slips! I happen to love Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have passed the Liebster Award on to you. Please see my blog for information.

    ReplyDelete