Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Told You So

Don't you hate when somebody warns you about something, you don't listen, and then you have to listen to "I told you so"?

Results are difficult to argue with. What kind of results have you and I been getting lately? Are your days and my days orchestrated by fear or by determination? If I feel fear when facing a situation, I usually am not very successful. Determination is a different situation. Both of these emotions will get results. Remember that Winston Churchill said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". This is true for us as well.

We are born with only two fears - the fear of falling (notice how a baby will throw his or her arms out when being laid down backwards), and the fear of loud noises (a loud noise will scare a baby and the baby cries). All of our other fears have been learned. 



It seems to me the most successful people at weight loss and maintenance are the ones who are proactive. They don't wait until stuff happens to them, they make the stuff happen. There is a goal and a reason to do the right thing with health/fitness. I have the read the blogs of people who are trying a new eating plan and they say "I hope this works". I can go ahead and tell you this person will fail.

YOU decide what lifestyle changes you need to make. The first one I made was to stop eating sugar. I began drinking the water and exercising at least 3 times a week. How hard is that? There were no journals, no check-off sheets, no new equipment like a FitBit (whatever that is). This was a success and I found that cutting that many carbs got enough out of my system that I craved it no longer. I then began working on other carbs such as bread, white potatoes, etc., and began enjoying wonderful salads, fresh fruit in season, and lean meats. So what if I had a naked cheeseburger at a cookout; I was losing weight. It was a small price to pay.

Be fearless today.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! By the way, the quote was from FDR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Guess I better check up on my sources. Take care.

    ReplyDelete