Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, July 26, 2013

Award Questions

Thank you for the award Jasmine. Here are my answers to your questions.

Everybody - I have been trying to answer comments by they aren't getting published. I have tried commenting on the blogs of others and it doesn't work. I do apologize because I always reply to my comments so hopefully this will be cleared up soon. 

1) Do you speak any other language, other than English?

I took Latin in school and was very good at it if I do say so myself. It is not a spoken language however and I even think it is called a dead language but it certainly does contribute to verbal skills.

2) Do you have any serious regrets?

Yes. I regret not continuing with the piano. I regret not taking physical fitness and health seriously at a much younger age. I have been mediocre in way too many facets of my life. I have settled for average too often.

3) Have you ever broken a bone?

Not unless you count stubbing my toe or jamming a finger so badly it had to be taped to the digit next to it. I have never had to have an x-ray because a broken bone was suspected.

4) If you could change one major law, what would it be- and why?

I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. There would be no gay marriage if I could have the final say so. I believe the breakdown of the traditional family is the root of all of our problems in America. It's silly to me to even have to discuss this. Marriage is not only about love - it's a part of it for sure but sex is for males and females to create more of our own kind. I am not against gay people; I am for traditional marriage.
I read that 3 1/2% of Americans are gay. We change laws for this small number? I know of an aunt and a niece who live together to share expenses. Shouldn't they just get married now and get the tax benefits? There are 2 brothers living together or 2 sisters or uncles and nephews, why not get married and get the tax benefits now that marriage will mean nothing? Scripture tells us that a man will leave his parents and cleave to his wife. We are paying a dear price in America through our youth because of  "the sins of the fathers being visited upon the sons to the third and fourth generation". Enough of that.

5) Have you ever had a pet that was truly a terror, but you loved it anyway?

Right now we have a male German shepherd that I could kill with my bare hands sometimes. He is 2 years old and still a pup. However, he is very affectionate, can't get close enough, but I might as well talk to a tree as tell him to stop, or stay down, or get back, or whatever. I have yelled at him until my throat was sore. I am ready for him to be out of this puppy stage. 

6) Are you a home body?  If so, why?

I am. Now that I am retired I love how relaxing it is at home. I can work in my yard and vegetable garden all I want. I get up without an alarm clock and take a nap if I want and go to bet when I get tired. Love it.

7) Do you sometimes break the law if nobody gets hurt?  Or do you always toe the line?

I do things like speeding, no seat belt, blow through stop signs out in the country if I can see all ways so that would be a "yes".

8) Have you ever discovered something that you absolutely love that you thought you never could or would?

Nope. Can't think of anything anyway.

9) What is your guiltiest pleasure?

I guess it would be spending too much money on fabric and flowers.

10) What is the biggest surprise of your life?

I must have a pretty boring life. It takes a lot to surprise me evidently because I can't think of anything. 

11) If you needed to live somewhere outside of the United States, where would you choose?

I have always thought I would enjoy Japan. I have also always wanted to go through a big castle in Europe somewhere. Europe is such a mess financially so I will probably stick with Japan although I have heard New Zealand is a neat place to go. 

6 comments:

  1. Interesting answers, Myra. I suggest you watch The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic Channel if you haven't already. Cesar is amazing with dogs. He can get any dog to behave and is pretty good at teaching dog owners, too! You might as well have an obedient animal NOW:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion. Thank you. It may save Sarge's life. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. It was interesting to read your answers, Myra.
    Sorry about your "commenting" woes. Hope they clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. It's always good to hear from you. I think the problem must be cleared up. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Myra! I love that you took the time to answer my questions, even though you are having blogging issues. For a while there I would find Robin's comments in my spam and I found one of yours there as well, so you might look in your own spam folder for yours.
    Your answers are very interesting and I love how honest you are (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember to check my spam folder. Being up front with people even when we know some will disagree is important. I figure we are all adults here. Be careful out there today.

      Delete