Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day is Done

So today I had my raisn bran muffin for breakfast - I have shared the recipe before. I have tweaked it by using all stevia in the raw instead of the sugar and all whole wheat flour. These two changes really help with the carbs and glycemic index. Lunch was a big salad - the lettuce, cauliflower, and onion came from my garden. I arrange the lettuce on the plate and then I drizzle the salad dressing on the lettuce so it is easier to get some dressing with each bite. I made the candied pecans myself by finding a recipe which called for beating an egg and then mixing it through the pecans then add sugar and cinnamon and bake it. I, of course, used stevia instead of the sugar and these things are great in a salad w/o adding carbs and getting in some good tree nut protein. After my nap (I am getting to be such a geezer) I had a banana with some almond butter on each bite and then I had some plain Greek yogurt just now to which I added stevia and sugar free jelly for the fruity part. I just scrape off little pieces of the jelly into the yogurt and then stir it through. I will be picking black raspberries soon so will be using them shortly. I also think there are few strawberries left I need to pick and I can use them.

That's it for the day. I got in my water - did not exercise. My back is really sore from what we did yesterday in step aerobics. I stopped using the ball for ab work because that really made my back hurt but yesterday we leaned forward while sitting on the ball and lifted weights for the back. I think that is what did it. I am not too crazy about all the props in exercise classes. I spend more time fighting to get everything right and then the instructor has started w/o me and that makes me mad so sometimes I just do my own thing. I hate chasing a ball around, trying to get to my weights, and getting a mat situated. I will be going to step aerobics tomorrow.

I figure my calories and carbs are OK.

Hope everyone had a successful day.

2 comments:

  1. Just keep it going. There is much pride in your achievements, and you inspire others along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am going to try to stick around a little better. I start missing everyone including yourself! Take care.

      Delete