Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Should Just Eat At Home

Al has been on a tear lately. There are weight loss bloggers and then there are the rest who pose as weight loss bloggers. He is absolutely right and doesn't concern himself with tact unless you like bulldozers.

He said something a few posts ago that got me thinking. He said in so many words that these train wrecks and Amtracks, etc., won't profit from losing weight. They will lose followers. I have caught myself losing interest in the blogs of people who have lost their weight and have maintained it. These are the people I should be looking to copy. There is no drama I guess. I guess it seems kind of boring if one isn't struggling or repenting or starting over or something. I guess that's the allure of soap operas.

We ate out with some friends tonight. I ordered halibut fillets but neglected to say baked halibut fillets and got deep fried ones. Oh well. The choices for sides only had a tossed salad that interested me so since the meal came with two sides I ordered two salads. I asked if they had sweet potatoes and if they did to replace one of the side salads with the sweet potato. I got this dish of mush covered with a syrupy brown sugar goop. Oh well. I gave that to my husband. I also gave him my dinner roll. The decaf coffee looked like tea. Needless to say I won't be going back there to eat.

Monday after aerobics there was this morbidly obese woman in the dressing room. She was in a swim suit and as she walked away from me toward the shower I couldn't help but stare that her legs rubbed back and forth over each other down to her knees as she rolled more than walked toward the shower. Her arms would not lay flat against her sides but made an "A" shape and she had to swing them to get some momentum to move forward. I felt sorry for her while at the same time thanking God for my success. I have to give her credit for being there and trying to get some exercise. People like that almost have to get in the water so the water will help take the pressure off of their joints. I can only hope that she is determined to get healthy because she has a long way to go.

We can fool some of the people some of the time but we can't fool all the people all of the time. The people Al has been blogging about do have a lot of people fooled just by looking at their followers. I understand the groupie thing but some of those followers need a life.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your loss, Myra. It sounds like you've been working hard - outside & in!

    I'm sorry you have such negative experiences eating out. We've sure been enjoying our vacation and have enjoyed some EXCELLENT - 1 per day!

    We're on the way home. I can't wait to step on the scale. It OUGHT to be good news...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have been true to your eating plan, the good news already happened! I have finally made some permanent lifestyle changes that don't make it seem like work at all. Safe travels to you!

      Delete
  2. I have worked in the restaurant business forever, so I see how food is prepared. Even items that I would have ordered off them menu because they 'appear' healthy are loaded with hidden ingredients. When out to eat, it's best just to order a plain salad with a plain piece of grilled chicken and oil & vinegar. It's really the only way to know exactly what you are getting and stay in control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been much better off with the two salads although they were mostly lettuce for sure. I always try to make the best choices that I can but I am sure I am not as aware as you are of what the food actually contains. Be careful out there today.

      Delete