Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, February 1, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Screaming right along with a 2 lb. loss in January. So the good is I lost some weight. The bad is I missed the mark by quite a bit as I resolved to lose 5 lb. a month until goal. The ugly doesn't matter. I am going to step it up a bit this month. There is definitely room for improvement.

I guess getting complacent could be the ugly part. When we look fine, we are fitting in to new clothes that are wonderful to buy (oh the sales at this time of year), and feeling good it's easy to pretend we are in maintenance.

All the schools are on a two-hour delay today so my step aerobics class won't meet. At least I don't have to run the route. I will do something here at home - maybe that No. 1 Fat Burning Exercise I posted about back in 2012 somewhere. I also have some exercise videos by "The Firm" - they are all great. They use weights with the moves for extra work and they don't take much room to perform. We have a small house and there isn't room to move around too much.

They are trying to give me fewer hours at ATM Solutions as I told them when I reached the limit for Social Security I was going to quit and they could re-hire me in January if they wanted. Last year I was allowed $14,640 before having to return $1 of SS for every $2 I earned. I made over $23,000 so between $14,630 and $23,000 I was basically working for half. I knew they needed the help and I felt sorry for them but it isn't going to happen again. I told them I would keep them posted. In January I earned about $2,300 so I did the math and got 6.5 so I told them at this pace I would be quitting in the middle of July. I am allowed $15,120 this year. I have never understood why they don't let people go ahead and work - I would be paying into social security and other taxes if I am working so it seems it would be to their advantage. Go figure.

Guess what I had for breakfast? Raisin Bran muffin. I made some chicken vegetable soup after buying a rotisserie chicken and boiling the carcass/bones/skin to make a great broth for the base. I added about half the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and cabbage to the broth. Good stuff. I am going to do a stir fry with the rest of the chicken. I also have plenty of salad fixins'. I have been using spinach as my greens and no lettuce at all.

My resolution in February is to do better than January. I didn't even lose my holiday gain for crying out loud. Be careful out there today.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Congratulations on the loss! Celebrate & don't look back.
    2. A day at a time. Do "it" well today!
    3. Don't expect ANY logic from the government.
    4. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I really shouldn't be satisfied with two pounds in a month but I really can't say I'm upset about it. If I keep going at a snail's pace I will still get there but I did intend to go at a little faster clip than 2 lb. a month :-) I will do it well today and Happy February yourself! Take care.

      Delete
  2. Man am I learning right along with you, Myra. It is so hard not to see those huge losses I'm used to, and because of that I get complacent, I think. Yes, I lost 4 pounds in January, but its 4 pounds I had ALREADY lost last year, lol. I should be in the 160's at least, and it's frustrating looking back to October 2011 seeing the same weight I see now. Onward and downward, with refocus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just can't quit before we finish what we started. I know weight loss does slow down as we near our goal weight but I also know I deserved to only lose 2 lbs. at the same time. I am not one to confess and repent before everyone and list all my indiscretions but it's not rocket science to figure out that I didn't have my nose to the grindstone and all that. This is a lonely trip. We can support and encourage and receive the same but it's just us and the food when it's all said and done. I read a cute saying once that went "when it's all said and done, there is usually more said than done". Let's clean up our act. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. I'm joining you in the "Let's clean up our act" in Feburary. I also like the "more said than done" quote...too true. Here's to February and slow but steady. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Rae Rae, and myself can hold each other accountable. Since all three of us need to clean up our act and get more done than said let's be sure to visit each other and provide encouragement and keep on keepin' on. Be careful out there today.

      Delete