Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, February 11, 2013

Just An Update

I have kind of hit a dry spell. Sometimes it seems there are just so many different ways to say the same thing. The only way in my opinion to git-r-dun is your own way; your own rules but it must be healthy eating. Add to the healthy eating exercising and getting in the water and that is the formula for success.

I think everyone surely knows this and we end up dealing with the emotional/obsessive/compulsive/addictive aspect of this undertaking. I know it helps me to read the blogs of people who seem to have it together with a few missteps here and there to show they are normal. I like to blog as well as it is a vent for me and it is a way for me to try and encourage/convict/exhort/connect with those who are trying to do the same thing I am trying to do.

Last Friday I was on the way to fix an ATM and my heart started beating hard and fast. I felt weak and fainty and was thinking I was going to have to pull off the road because I felt like I could pass out. I called my doctor and had an appointment today. At first I thought it was my heart but there was no pain radiating down an arm, no nausea but my chest did feel funny. I wouldn't call it a tightness but rather like I have felt when breathing hard for a time - like a rawness I guess. I have told you about my thyroid before and the doctor is suspicious of Grave's Disease. I will be getting blood work done in the morning and we will go from there. He said my thyroid probably shot out a big dose of hormone and that caused the way I felt. He said it's very common and treatable.

I am going to take a break from blogging for a while unless I have something really profound that I think you need to read. Be careful out there today.

14 comments:

  1. Myra, I'm sorry to read about your scare. Sure hope you get to the bottom of it and that there is something to treat it/keep it under control.

    ...and I DO know what you mean about there being only so many ways to say the same thing. For me, posting just keeps me "honest" - with myself mainly ('cause the few who read me don't know me all that well). If there is some inspiration that comes to others as a result, that's just "icing on the cake"! And there REALLY ought to be another way of saying that on a healthy eating blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have inspired me many times and I do feel like I know you pretty well. Thanks for the kind words. I shouldn't be gone too long. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Yikes, Myra. I'm glad you went to the doctor. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom doesn't know so best to keep her in the dark. I really don't think it's anything really serious but we do need to treat it at this point. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Glad you went to the doctor and I will miss your insights

    mostly, be well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be gone too long. I just need to regroup a bit. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That will start tomorrow with the blood work. I'll probably be on medication for a while until my thyroid completely burns itself out and then I may swing in the other direction. Take care.

      Delete
  5. I hope you get to the bottom of this soon. It sounds like you were taken by surprise with some unnerving symptoms. BTW: I know my case may not be the same as yours, but thought you might like to know that I used to have similar episodes and it turned out to be low potassium. I eat lots of bananas now and feel great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been watching my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) for a while so I imagine that's it. I don't eat a banana every day but it can't hurt to try eating one a day. We should get the blood work back soon and be able to determine what's next. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  6. Myra: Be careful, go slowly, and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing "really profound" yet???? I'm missing you out here! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well. It shouldn't be too much longer. I feel a post coming on. Take care.

      Delete