Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, January 10, 2013

What Is Happiness?

Happiness is:



How would you finish that sentence? It's not having money. Look at the miserable people in Hollywood. It's not found in things. How many people do you know that just can't enough? Shoes, purses, outfits, etc.

It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.

Should we ask for more if we don't appreciate what we already have?

Do we complain about what it takes to lose weight or are we thankful we have enough to eat?

Do we complain that exercising is hard or are we thankful our bodies work well enough to walk and lift?

Do we complain that drinking all that water is too hard or are we thankful the water is plentiful?

Happiness - Something to do, Something to love, Something to hope for.

Is life really what we make of it? How is your construction project going?








6 comments:

  1. We are so spoiled in this country that we often think that we are being "deprived" when we don't get the luxury things we need. I am guilty of the exact same thing. It's taken a while, but I've started to revamp my thinking - especially with the current political storm and thinking about what rights we could have taken from us. Very good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have such a sense of entitlement that I don't think we even realize it. I catch myself in this. I was losing sick days when I retired. I had accumulated the maximum and was losing days. People would say "take them, they are yours, you will lose them". Is that a mark of someone dedicated to students or an employer? I would say that I was glad I was healthy and didn't need them. When the school year was lengthened 5 days it was the end of the world. We are entitled to our summers aren't we? Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. This is an excellent reminder to appreciate the things we already have. I think that will make everyone far happier than acquiring more NEW things. The best new thing we can all acquire is a new attitude of appreciation. It will serve us well our entire lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work on being peaceful and content. I have to admit I am too materialistic and it bothers me. I am truly thankful for what I have however. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. Good question. Way to get us thinking!
    So far in this life I can say- being free. Free to do things I never even imagined having the ability to do. Free from the past. Free to love, live and enjoy what this life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't get any better than that. Take care.

      Delete