Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, January 21, 2013

Still Dreaming?

How many of us are still dreaming about being able to have our cake and eat it too? How many of us think the scale won't notice if we keep trying to sneak in some unwise eating? How many of us sneak in some unwise eating and then get upset when the scale does notice? How many New Year's Resolutions are already only a memory?

Until we resign ourselves to what has to be done and not view it as an experience in torture, success will be elusive. Even though I have given up carbs for the most part and almost all of the time, I am so thankful for what I CAN have, not what I can't. I have beautiful salads even though they are without cheese and croutons. My avocado plate with sweet potato and hard boiled eggs is great. I say go out and buy yourself a beautiful place setting for just for you. I bought a plate from a potter here in Centerville that is slightly rounded up like a pie plate and it is great for salads and my other meals. My diet really is somewhat repetitive but I don't mind because I like it and it's healthy and it helps me lose weight. I have my raisin bran muffin every morning. I don't miss very many days having a big salad. My Quest bars are another pretty much daily thing as is an apple. I did cook up some pork loins last night. I did not bread them but fried them to brown them (yes, in bacon grease - adds flavor. I seasoned them well with a blend of spices that I have. I browned them and then put the lid on the pan, turned down the heat, and slowly cooked them until tender because they were very thick. I drained them well and they are ready to go for a meal adding a couple of vegetables. I often have some 90% dark chocolate as a dessert.

No cupcakes.




12 comments:

  1. What "works" for you is what is important, I think.

    I know a lot of people can't do the 5 hour window that has worked (and is working) for me. I, on the other hand, would have difficulty cutting out carbs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Spit out my coffee when I saw the graphic....love it! :)

    I eat the same stuff over and over and over again. Minor variations as to the types of vegetables I use; e.g., sometimes the salad base is baby spinach...sometimes it's kale. :)

    Have a great day, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might send it on to Kenlie. Isn't cupcakes one of her "things". I think she likes to decorate them as well as eat them. Go figure - she's trying to get slim eating cupcakes. My diet is pretty much the same day to day with minor variations like you. It works for me. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. One thing I have learned, the scale never lies. I have tried to change up my eating menus the past couple of months and it has been a disaster for me. I have to do what works for me even if it is the same stuff over and over. I am just a creature of habit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I am perfectly happy with my predictable menus and foods. It is one less way to focus on food if we have on hand what makes our meals work for us and can throw together a nice plate of what we like that also helps us lose weight. Keep calm and carry on.

      Delete
  4. I still do my binge dreaming. But I find it's becoming less and less over time, and that is quite satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recovery takes time. Addictions seem always to be crouching ready to pounce if we are not vigilant or decide to take some time off. You will be victorious because this is something you want very badly; you want to be healthy more than you want to binge. Keep calm and carry on.

      Delete
  5. I am a creature of habit. I have things that work and I stick with them. For instance, every weekend I roast a chicken to have for lunches (and sometimes breakfast) through the week. I typically also make chicken broth out of the same chicken and have a cup of broth if nothing else is satisfying my "hunger". It works for me so I keep doing it.

    Personally, I have had a cupcake from time to time...like on my birthday...but I certainly would not have one daily, weekly, or even monthly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sweets occasionally too but don't fool myself as some do that it won't hurt anything. I accept whatever consequences there may be if I am off plan for a meal or an event. If you have found something that works and helps the cause, stick with it I say. Take care.

      Delete
  6. So funny! I really have to say that no, I don't dream of getting away with anything much anymore when it comes to food. I can see that my body works just fine and that what goes in really does equal what I weigh. I feel so much better having good quality food and being respectful of myself. I truly enjoy the things that I eat, even the sweets I have here and there. I don't think I even tasted all the crap I used to inhale. I would never trade the feeling I have now for any 'dream' of being able to treat myself like crap. For me food was definitely another part of the self abuse I used to engage in. No way was that fun or enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when food becomes just food. For years it was my drug of choice. No more. Take care.

      Delete