Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, January 24, 2013

Stand Up Desks

Have you heard about these?

It seems like a good idea to me. I know one burns more calories just sitting up opposed to lying in bed. One burns more calories standing up than when sitting or lying. The reason is the muscles are used more for standing just to hold one upright.

Moving around is another matter. Someone carrying a lot of extra weight will burn more calories moving around because of carrying that load. However, carrying a lot of weight will limit how intensive that movement can be and how long it can be done. The lighter person with good muscle strength will ultimately win the calorie burning contest. I saw a study done once where children on a playground were watched. It was noticed that the the heavy group and the normal weight group ate about the same amount of calories but the normal weight kids moved more when out at recess.

I am thinking of the obese in my family. Without even considering calorie intake the obese ones just move less. How about your friends and family?




2 comments:

  1. Guess I should be more observant. It sounds like it is probably so....I just have enough on my hands to keep MYSELF moving w/o worrying about "them".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a people watcher. I like to just sit in the car or in the mall and watch people noticing this and that. Take care.

      Delete