Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, January 5, 2013

Of Pounds and Politics

I have another blog now.  It's here.

I am a conservative and a Christian. I have many liberal friends who are great people. We just disagree in the area of politics. I have family members who are Democrat. I still love them as well. I have a son who is an atheist and a husband and another son who are indifferent. None of this means the relationship must be sacrificed due to difference of opinion.

I have comment moderation turned on at my new blog because I know there are people who cannot have a civil conversation when there is a difference of opinion. Too bad. I will be the only one reading those comments.

Please feel free to enter in the discussion regardless of your political position.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Myra,
    In general, I'm not one for discussing politics, but I enjoy your writing so much & appreciate your conservative point of view because it is so different from mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find people who can have a civil discussion when there is a difference of opinion. We need to be aware of opposing viewpoints. It is healthy to have to be able to defend what we believe. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's time for conservatives to stand up and point out the truth and not be intimidated to say what we believe and why. I welcome civil discourse with liberals; it's how we all determine our beliefs. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I love the name! I'm not one for arguements in general, but most of my family will love your blog!

    ReplyDelete