Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Day


I went to Terre Haute today to meet my first college roommate for a movie (Les Miserables) and a meal. She was running a little late and service calls for ATM's were coming in so we skipped the movie and went to a steak house to eat.

They took us to a booth but it was too tight of a fit for her so we moved to a table. She has bad knees and is obese. I told her that every 1 lb. loss would take 4 lbs. of pressure off her knees. She was impressed but evidently not impressed enough. I usually help her into her wheel chair and get her in to wherever it is we are going but she thought she could make it with a cane today. You should see her try to stand. It is extremely painful and after she finally gets up she has to stand for a bit before she can go anywhere. She is waiting for Medicare for her knee replacement surgery.

I had Tilapia, steamed vegetables, and just a bit of bread with butter. It was a pumpernickel which has a low glycemic index. She ordered quesedillas (sp?)  for the appetizer and I had two. She had two and took the other 4 home with the rest of the bread. I ordered cheesecake for dessert. It was a very small sliver and we shared it. The raspberry sauce was magnificent. We each had about three small bites. My stomach was growling for lunch and it is almost 6 p.m. now and I haven't growled yet. If I growl, I will have an apple with some cashew butter on it. I had my raisin bran muffin for breakfast when I growled and a protein bar when I growled again about 9 a.m. I did have some sugar today but that happens rarely and usually only when out and then only a little. It doesn't trigger me anymore.

Hope you had a wonderful Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, I did have a wonderful Sunday and I'm looking forward to a wonderful week! With the holidays behind, I finally had a nice, relaxing, fun weekend with my husband and children. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a year is surely enough for the holidays. It's easy to lose our way and get caught up in the craziness and let important things go. Glad you were able to get in some quality time with your family. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Im thinking that is a BIG NSV with the dessert too.

    GO YOU!!!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be in control around sweets. It wasn't always that way. I remember the days when I would use eating out as an excuse to eat what and as much as I wanted. I have a different perspective now. Take care.

      Delete
  3. "I would use eating out as an excuse to eat what and as much as I wanted"
    Amen, woman. I hear that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, don't you wonder why? I know I remember some of the things I did, the binges, the junk food, the completely out of control, I don't care mindset. Thank God I'm free. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you had to miss the movie. (We haven't seen it yet, either. I hear it is REALLY good.)

    And the cheesecake - wow! That IS a treat. I actually met a friend for lunch at Bob Evans today. I had the pecan chicken salad (small size). I think it's a really tasty salad. I had a roll, too. I'm sure they're not so healthy - but very good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are being successful with bread in your diet and you must not be overdoing it or you would not lose the weight you have lost so I say enjoy your bread in reasonable amounts. Those pecan chicken salads are good. Take care.

      Delete
  5. So sad to think of the mental picture of your friend. I am watching so many of mine come into health problems and other issues as many of us get close to 40. To me that is way too young for so many health, teeth and financial issues due to bad choices. It makes me sad and now I know why so many people don't believe me when I tell them I will be 39 this month. But my only thought is why the heck should 39 be the start of old age???
    Your choices will keep you young. All the good choices are like anti-aging which I have done plenty of in the last few years. I feel like I really dodged a bullet in making the changes just in time to avoid all the health issues. My choices were never the worst, but still I want to be as healthy and active as I can for as long as I can. My nephew who is 11 has trouble keeping up with me! I'll bet you're tough to keep up with out in that garden of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came to my senses a little later than you did but in time to avoid some major problems. I cherish the ability to go and do and be. In fact, I tend to overdo things but it's fun. Take care.

      Delete