Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lifestyle

The process of changing a lifestyle is more important than reaching a goal or measuring a performance.   -Theodore Isaac Rubin

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

Is exercising now a regular part of your life? You have changed your lifestyle.

Do you thirst for water and drink it regularly rather than sodas or other beverages? You have changed your lifestyle.

Have you cut way back on the carbs, especially sugar? You have changed your lifestyle.

These things mean you now have a healthier lifestyle. Why would we want to go back to the misery we have already been through?

If we change our lifestyles, all we have to do is wait on the body to catch up and it will.

Be careful out there today.





6 comments:

  1. I guess, like you, I've changed my lifestyle! And no, I never want to go back to the way things were before! NOT WORTH IT! Thanks for the KISS Myra:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Constant vigilance though is our task. I know how easy it would be for me to undo all this hard work. When there are some unwise choices the old me is knocking and I know I can never take my job lightly. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Yes. I've changed my lifestyle (a bit differently than yours). And, No. I DON'T want to go back...

    And I'm digesting that quote, Myra. Having reached a goal THROUGH a process,the goal seems quite worth celebrating. Not sure I would have even started the process w/o a goal or achieved it w/o measurement......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make our lifestyles through what works or doesn't work that is truly ours and unique to us. It is, however, some variation of the KISS - water, food choices, and activity. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I love that measurable progress. SO MUCH. I get lost in that instead of seeing the lifestyle differences.

    The average of the past three years... Terrible eating habits, to ULTRA healthy eating habits to Now. I'm happy to say that regular sweets, soda, alcohol are not part of my life.

    I had a good exercise groove going there. But it didn't stick. I'm still searching (actively) for the routine that sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think people with a lot to lose go too fast and hard and burn themselves out. Carrying that extra weight and exercising puts an extra strain on the body. Brisk walking or the elliptical and some weight training would be a good sensible start. People like you and me tend to overdo things. You can lose weight without exercising. Exercising is good of course but get the lifestyle changes that concern eating and food and then begin your exercise program. This is for the rest of your life and you have time to do it right. Be careful out there today.

      Delete