Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Do You Believe?

He does not believe that does not live by his belief.  -Thomas Fuller

How can I say it works if I merely admire it rather than live by it?

Talk is cheap isn't it? We have a few bloggers who are called train wrecks and with good reason. They just talk. That's it. It's interesting that so many others believe these people are really serious. I don't even read them because they are only posturing. I get enough information second hand. I don't watch soap operas either.

There are false starts and setbacks for everyone. If it was easy we would all be slim and trim. It's not easy. It takes determination and the ability to overcome ourselves.

I went to step aerobics yesterday and will be going to body sculpt tonight. Wednesday and Friday mornings will be step aerobics again and Thursday night will be another body sculpt class. I am on call from 7 in the morning until 11 at night on Saturdays and Sundays for a while. I need to get in gear and at least do something on one of those days here at home.

Yesterday was a raisin bran muffin (like you didn't already know that), a protein food bar, an apple, a huge salad and two squares of dark chocolate. I have been drinking 96 oz. of water a day.

What do you believe? Are you living by it? If not, do you really believe it or are you admiring it?

Be careful out there today.






6 comments:

  1. With that kind of regimen, you OBVIOUSLY "believe". (It wouldn't be my particular choice of diet for a lifetime, but should certainly result in weight loss!) You DO walk the talk, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both of us are comfortable with what we are doing. It's working for both of us so I say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. It's funny because I was thinking about this exact thing, Myra. I felt guilty over the holidays that I allowed myself to gain back some weight. I wondered if that meant I was as much as a fraud as all the trainwrecks. I decided no I was not, I'm back on track and seeing it go in the right direction again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just means you're human and sometimes we fall down. I don't know of anyone who has made a straight shot to goal weight. Things like this can be good because it keeps us humble and teaches us that we too can fall short of the goals we have set for ourselves. You are going to be fine. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I believe I can become a great runner and qualify for Boston one day. And I believe in myself...and you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belief is half the battle (or more). I have no doubt that you will qualify and run the Boston marathon. If we believe in ourselves and in each other what a source of strength that is. Be careful out there today.

      Delete