Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, January 25, 2013

Crap - Really?

I remember when some kids in the family stayed at my house for an overnight once. Two boys - they wanted to know where the cookies and pop were. They were out of luck. Their mother and father are obese and once of these two boys is obese as well. Mom and Dad lost a decent amount of weight with WW but have gained it back plus some. Pop is one of the food groups at that house.

But then I notice that the other boy and an older boy that didn't stay overnight are slim but drink pop and eat cookies. I do think some people are predisposed to being obese although that's not an excuse. There are those who don't gain no matter what they do.

I had the center on our basketball team in one of my classes. He was tall and very slim. He wanted to bulk up so he could stand his ground better during games. He told me what he ate trying to gain weight. I told him I would weigh 400 lb. if I ate like that.

I am predisposed to being obese. I know it. I deal with it.

Be careful out there today.


6 comments:

  1. My brother was always able to eat anything and everything. If I just looked at food it would go straight to the hips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always said that I can gain 5 lb. if I bite my fingernails. It is what it is. Keep calm and carry on.

      Delete
  2. My entire birth family is morbidly obese. I'm not anymore and stopped using that as an excuse. They could also get fit, but choose not to. And some of them have type 2 diabetes. That was enough motivation for me to get healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personal responsibility is what it's all about. You are setting an example for them. Take care.

      Delete
  3. definitely predisposed on this end. We're half and half in my family. Half are tall and lanky (see brother: 6'7" and rail thin) and the other half are tall and tubby (see me: 5'10" and ffffat). The dietary differences are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be easy to justify what we eat and how we live through our families and genetic inheritance but we know better. We have to live our own lives and make them what we know to be the best way to go. Take care.

      Delete