Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, January 7, 2013

Be Thankful For Your Adipose Tissue

Lizzie Velasquez has a rare condition. She cannot gain weight.

Those of us who have struggled with obesity at first might think this would be a blessing.

We can do something about our weight. Lizzie cannot.

She was voted the world's ugliest woman. Her YouTube video brought cruel comments that she should kill herself.

No more whining. We can do something about it. We should do something about. Will we? Lizzie would love to be able to control her weight and cannot. Some bloggers out there could control their weight and do not.

Keep calm and carry on.


4 comments:

  1. You hear of all sorts of things gone wrong with the inside workings of a body. I wonder what hers is and I'll have to look at the video on YT. I used to think we are all accountable for our illnesses and I still do to a certain extent. BUT chemicals are everywhere, in our water, our food, in the air. This is no fault of ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was born with a rare condition and has suffered so much pain. I would agree that most conditions as we age are the result of our earlier lifestyles and habits. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Manzi. Too much junk in our food, water, and air.

      Delete
    3. That's why many people are going organic and eating whole foods. We can purify our water. The air is a little trickier. I have always thought all these additives, pesticides, and herbacides contribute to cancers. Take care.

      Delete