Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, December 29, 2012

Where Do You Hurt?

Pain 

is associated with obesity. This does seem like a no brainer to some extent. However it did get me to thinking about my own pains. Maybe you can identify.

I remember when I was at my heaviest after walking a while the arch in my right foot would fall or do something and I would absolutely be limping from the pain. That doesn't happen anymore.

I have lower back pain but then I think that is pretty common even in the slim to some extent. My knees hurt sometimes when I am exercising regularly but that clears up when I can't get exercise in regularly.

Did you know that every pound lost takes 4 pounds of pressure off of the knees? Read the full article here.

What pains do you have and do you feel they are exacerbated by extra weight? If you have lost a significant amount, have you noticed a lessening of any pains?

Last night was the last Christmas function for the year. Four friends and myself ate out and exchanged gifts. We do this every year. I had herb crusted cod, a salad (gave croutons to one of the friends), I replaced the potato with hot vegetables, had no bread. I did have some decaf coffee with kahlua for dessert. I am back on my game but remember back when I said I would be in the next digit for the new year? Scratch that.

Be careful out there today.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time with friends - and you made some great choices (for yourself). I would have probably had the bread if it was GOOD....

    I'm pretty sure pain is magnified by extra weight and/or the psychological "weight" of carrying it - which I think sometimes is as big a factor as the weight itself. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. There is a psychological weight that we carry along with the pounds. It is more difficult to manage as well. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. oh god... i feel completely different than I did 68lbs ago. I would feel it in my back, my knees, my ankles, my feet... I was always looking for the route with the least stairs, closest and didn't want to spend more than a couple hours doing things like shopping or exploring.

    Things are much different now. Even though, I feel more worn out by the pace of NYC. I'm not sure I'd have been able to keep up if I moved out here with the excess weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 68 pounds gone sure would make it easier to get around and the next 68 will only make it better. Make 2013 your year! Take care.

      Delete