Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, December 31, 2012

Need to Improve Yourself?

The Wheel of Life is a way to do some self-examination.

It's hard for me to place a value on some of the areas but it is a valuable exercise. Doing this exercise could help with any resolutions you may want to tackle.

A few ongoing resolutions of mine are:

1.  spending less time on the internet.

2.  be a better housekeeper.

3.  spend more time outside.

4.  be more productive.

5. reach my goal weight and maintain.

6. write an ebook of daily readings.

These are very poorly written goals because they don't meet the requirements of goal setting.

Goals should be:

measureable
under my control
have a time limit
be realistic

They are all realistic and under my control.

However, there is no time limit nor are they measureable.

1.  I will only spend one hour per day on the internet.
2.  I will clean house on Wednesdays each week.  (like the sixth Wednesday of each month - just kidding :-)
3.  I will spend 1/2 hour each day outside weather permitting.
4.  I will "make something right" when I go into a room. I will quit looking at things that need to be done and ignore them. I will do things like "take that empty flower pot to the greenhouse" or "get that cobweb I have been noticing for days".
5.  I will reach my goal weight of 165 pounds at a rate of 5 lb. per month - I will figure this out when I weigh myself on January 1.
6.  I will work on my ebook for 1/2 hour each day.

The only one that I'll probably follow through on is Number 5. I am planning on breaking the others pretty quickly but it sounds good. 

How about you?



2 comments:

  1. Today is "my" day to do what you've done here....
    I especially like #4. Interestingly, we kind of run on the same "track", I think.

    Over a month agoI decided that in 2013 I'm going to try to compose a Scripture chorus (song) every week. A couple of years ago, I purchased a Moleskine journal just for this task but haven't used it yet. (I have composed a few choruses off and on...just not consistently.)

    I am gong to keep my weight under 140#, continuing on the Fast-5 program that has brought me to my present measure of health.

    That's probably enough for me - though I have many other threads of intentions dangling out there. Just don't want to get them TANGLED! :)

    Happy New Year, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my biggest problems is starting too many things. I get sidetracked. Every new project sounds like fun and I start it when I haven't finished what I am on at the moment. I am so ADD - am I too old to take Ritalin? Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete