Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Made A Decision

I poured out most of a bottle of wine last night. The reason? So I wouldn't drink it. I have decided to give up alcohol completely. I see nothing wrong with having a glass of wine in the evening, however, my compulsive/addictive/obsessive/whatever personality changes that to a bottle of wine in the evening pretty easily. Sometimes I stick to a glass but I am not above finishing off the bottle. I then end up eating things that don't help the cause but hinder it. It isn't worth it.

Today my cousin is coming over from Indianapolis to Richmond to do some Christmas shopping. We always look forward to spending the day going from shop to shop, buying gifts, and helping to set the economy aright. We will have lunch somewhere and our mothers, who are sisters, will have the day to visit. They are both in their 80's and it's getting more difficult for them to join us for lunch with walkers and canes and unsteady feet. There were 6 sisters and 3 of them are gone now.

I have been working extra and missing my morning aerobics class. I went to body sculpt class last night. I am missing aerobics this morning due to the shopping and will miss it Friday due to running the route. I will get to body sculpt again tomorrow evening. We just do the best we can at this time of year don't we?  Like pouring mostly full bottles of wine down the sink.

I do things like that when I get to the enough is enough point. I have blogged before about the year at Christmas before I retired students had given me fudge, cookies, candies, chocolate covered cherries, and so much more. On the way home from school that evening I stopped on main street in Centerville and threw all of it in a trash can. Didn't even take it home.

How about you? Do you do things like this?

Be careful out there today.

12 comments:

  1. I probably have (done things like that) but can't recall them right now :)

    Yes, we DO do the best we can, and I congratulate you on your steely intentions & action.

    I know you'll enjoy your time with your cousin. I will be meeting a friend to chat at 1:30 after attending an Advent noon meal. I don't plan to eat at the meal - I have some chicken/rice/celery/red peppers in my crock pot and will come home to that and try to stay on schedule and plan with my eating the best I can today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis the Season and all that. We have to do damage control at this time of year and avoid all the land mines. My cousin is single and takes care of her mother so she really looks forward to this annual shopping trip. Take care and enjoy that chicken - sounds great.

      Delete
  2. Have fun today! Wish I could join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll spend too much. The finances will have to recover a bit in the new year. Take care.

      Delete
  3. New Year's Day will mark three years of no alcohol for me. Can't say as I miss it.

    We no longer do recreational baking or gift-giving baking around here. If we are the recipients of a food gift (candy or baked goods or whatever), the girls and Josh will get a one-serving crack at it and then (sorry, gift givers), the rest goes immediately in the garbage can in the garage. I do appreciate the thought and the work that goes into the gifts but I just can't have'em around. Nothing good will come of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big part of our success is knowing our limits don't you think? The garbage can is the only good place for that stuff. We stopped using our bodies as garbage cans and found success. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I can't imagine anyone giving me a food gift at this point... at least anyone who knows me :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wouldn't! I still chuckle at your reply to Marc over his wife's manipulation of him over eating when they travel. I got such a kick out of that. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  5. I do many things like that, just not with wine. I don't eat sweets or desserts, and I do reserve wine for nice quiet dinners, but I have plenty of other things I do that would drive people nuts. Enjoy your Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you can get tempting things out of the house whether or not it is wine. We all have our trigger goods and shouldn't push our limits. Take care.

      Delete
  6. Yes, we all definitely do the best we can and I think it's great to be able to do what is necessary when enough is enough 'as they say'. I have been on a bit of a hiatus with the blogging and intend to get back to it as soon as I can. I have a lot running through my head lately and blogging about what runs through my head is pretty therapeutic for me. Your blog is also therapeutic as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one busy lady. I will be looking forward to some words from you soon. I am also glad you enjoy reading what I write. Take care.

      Delete