Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, December 21, 2012

And While I'm At It--

I am also going to start drinking my coffee black. I use half & half. I read about a serving being 2 TBSP. on the carton and I am sure I have about 1/4 cup in each mug. I know - loser. I probably have 4 or 5 mugs a day of my decaf so I am getting in a pretty decent amount of calories just from that. This is the only dairy I have. I have resigned myself to decaf coffee. It doesn't have the "body" of the real stuff but my heart is affected and will take spells of beating hard and fast - probably not a good thing so I am buying some flavored decaf coffees and drinking them black. I tried other things for creaming - whole milk which I didn't care for and almond milk which was worse - how do you do that Norma? blek :-)

I got home yesterday from a 12 1/2 hour day in the armored truck and our electricity was off due to high winds. It didn't come back on for about 3 hours. We have a wood stove so we were warm - just couldn't see too well in the candle light. Today I ran a route and the blowing snow was so bad in some areas that the white out conditions caused me to have to use the telephone poles to keep it between the ditches. A woman of lesser skill would have been in the ditch.

So I guess I am just "tidying up" a few areas I knew needed attention. I have been thinking about my New Year's Resolutions. I like to make them because the New Year just seems like a new start. I am for sure going to finish off these last 20 pounds. I am thinking about publishing an e-book of daily readings for Kindle's of some of my posts. If you have a favorite or two, would you let me know? I also have a behavior I want to address - EATING TOO FAST.

I am not going to use the "I am starting on January 1" mentality to give myself permission to overeat until then because "I am starting on January 1". I am still exercising and drinking water and sticking to low-carb but there have been a few indiscretions. I poured one of them down the sink. I paid $9 for that bottle of wine and threw out about $6 of it. Serves me right.

Allan (Almost Gastric Bypass) is starting a new challenge. I am a challenge drop out. I never finish them. I am just not good at following eating and dieting rules. If you respond to that framework, Allan will give you as much help as he can and as much as you deserve.

Be careful out there today.

7 comments:

  1. LOL, Myra, I have a high tolerance for "blek" -- remember, you're looking at someone who isn't averse to eating a spinach and sardine salad and a baked sweet potato for breakfast. ;) They do have unsweetened vanilla almond milk and unsweetened coconut milk that you might not hate. The problem for me w/drinking coffee black is that it stays way too hot for way too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am OK with black coffee. You might try an ice cube in it to cool it a bit. You wouldn't have to melt the whole thing and maybe make the coffee a little stronger so you wouldn't water down the taste. I'll stick with my bran muffin thank you very much :-) Take care.

      Delete
    2. That's exactly how my brother drinks his coffee -- black, extra strong, and he throws in an ice cube. Weird! :) Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  2. I like mine "black". Always have.
    I'm not big on the "challenges" either....
    I AM going to hit the H20 in the rest of 2012 - and hope it's almost a habit by 2013. Speaking of which -
    Let's ROCK 2013, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Let's finish what we started and completely rock maintenance. We will be so HOT!

      Delete
  3. I like that you have shared your 'indiscretions' here. Makes you all the more real- that's one of the most charming things about you, Myra!
    I will always say 'whatever works'. Results don't lie and I DO believe you will be an even greater success this year.
    My favorite posts of yours are the in-your-face style without apology. Those work for me. I know, I'm weird that way. Not much for BS and excuses and all that. Also another thing we seem to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to share our "human-ness" on our blogs. None of us is a poster child for the perfect life. I think "in your face" with tact is the way to go. Take care.

      Delete