Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, November 18, 2012

Who's The Boss?


Do you have a great boss? If you don't, have you ever had a good boss? What made that boss so good?

The best boss I ever had was my last principal before I retired. He brought out the best in others. He assumed that everyone was doing his/her best or at least wanted to do his/her best. When anyone was in a conversation with him, it didn't matter if you were a student, a janitor, a teacher, or a parent - you had his undivided attention. He always had time.

What kind of a boss are we when it comes to working out or following our plan for weight loss and health? Are these things important enough to get our undivided attention during that hour or so of working out? Is the food we choose to eat our best effort toward reaching our goals?

I am guessing many of you have or have had a bad boss. We don't have much respect for those people and drag our feet meeting deadlines and watch the clock because we can't wait to get out of our workplace. These bosses do not bring out the best in us.

What kind of a boss are you? Would you want to work for someone like you? Would you want to hire a person like you?

We are all the boss of us. What kind of a boss are you?

12 comments:

  1. I like the analogies & correlations you make, Myra. Each one sheds light on my lifestyle choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy "thinking things through" with others. It helps when you let me know what I write helps. Thanx! Take care.

      Delete
  2. I'm the kind of Boss like Gordon Ramsay is on "Hell's Kitchen." Unrelenting, unforgiving and intolerant of BS. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kinda' picked up on that. Your style is what so many need and the fact that you are not intimidated when others get their knickers in a knot is proof that when you say things that have a "sting" to them it is making people think. You will say the tough things but you also have compassion where it is needed. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. I've never thought of myself as my own weight loss boss. I guess I better go find a stick and take myself behind the wood shed, because I have been bad:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you realize you suffer the consequences and it was not "the devil made me do it" but your own choices then it is what it is and you can choose to change for the better or stay in the situation you create. You ARE the boss and you can be a good boss or a bad boss. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I am self-employed, and I have been an employer for much of my professional career. I think I was always a good boss because I never asked anyone to do anything I would not do myself. I also never thought of myself as a "boss." I was a business owner with lots of help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you were a good boss because you respected those with whom you made the business work. We cannot do it alone as well as we can with the input that others provide. Take care.

      Delete
  5. Clearly I am not the best boss of my health. Why? Because I am still sick. However, I am always searching for alternative things to help make me better. So that does make me proactive. I have pretty well gone through and exhausted traditional medicine... and decided that the answer is just not there. Now, I am searching through the other avenues. I don't know which one will give me what I am seeking, but I am determined. I have been at this a long time. I admit that sometimes I get tired and quit for a while. It just seems too overwhelming. However, staying sick forever is not an option. So, I always "get back on the horse." So, I can't give myself a perfect score, but I have had a migraine every day since Jan. 2003 and I haven't given up yet, either. Some days I get a 10 and others I get a 1. And then there are those days you have to roll the Hard Six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever had your hair tested? There is a doctor in Dayton who does a test on a strand of hair to see what elements are in the body that may be toxic. Don't give up. There has to be an answer.

      Delete
  6. I am self employed and wouldn't have it any other way. It's been over 4 years since I worked for someone else... hadn't even realized that. I am certainly one person who will work her butt off and doesn't make excuses. I do sometimes get down on myself too hard and don't make enough time for myself. I'll keep working on that. It's a worthy goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do seem to be a Type A personality. You are a no-nonsense gal who does work hard. I admire you for that. Take care.

      Delete