Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

Here we are!

That's Isaac on the left. He lives in Fort Wayne and does computer aided drafting. I am next. Duane is next. Nathan (can you tell he lifts weights?) is far right. I am going to use this picture for Christmas gifts. We  went to my sister's house today for Thanksgiving and had a nice, peaceful day and a great meal. That is her house in the back. What am I thankful for? Where do I start? Health, family, blessings too many to count, and peacefulness.  

I pray for those in the military who are away from their families during the holidays.

I pray for those who are struggling. I have just recently learned that one of the gals in my quilt group has just found out her daughter has cancer in her breasts and lower back and it is pretty serious. What have I to complain about?

I have just learned that the friend I pick up for Bible Study Fellowship has a friend who has just learned she has stage 3 ovarian cancer. What have I to complain about?

There are people who will go to bed hungry tonight. What have we done to lessen their pain? I have noticed that people use many excuses to avoid giving to worthy causes. I keep my giving local. The Salvation Army, The Red Cross, there is a local shelter for women/children who are victims of domestic violence, and there is a local shelter for homeless men. I have a friend who is very tight with her money. She keeps it for herself and I have noticed she says we should give to people HERE. Does it matter who is hungry or without shelter? So what if they live in a foreign country? We can give to USO which supports our troops.

Have you dropped some money in the Salvation Army red bucket yet?

I feel pretty strongly about giving. Money is just a thing. People are what's important.

Each of you is important to me and I am thankful that you read what I write. Take care.

We can't do everything but we can all do something.

I hope your Thanksgiving is truly thankful.

12 comments:

  1. Great picture! Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you Christine. I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed with love. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. We clean up pretty well :-) On to Christmas!!! Take care.

      Delete
  3. Great pic and you look fabulous! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We have another Thanksgiving on Saturday. Take care.

      Delete
  4. It was great having everyone here on Thanksgiving. It was a great day, and you're right. We have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your family, Myra! As Garrison Keilor says about his home town, "....all the women and strong and all the men are good looking."

    I'm counting MY blessings, too--and finding ways to share them brings me joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are small town, middle class people. Nothing fancy here. We drive our cars until they won't go anymore and heat with wood. "We never have all that we want, but we always have more than we need".

      Take care.

      Delete
  6. I mean to say, "all the women ARE strong"

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous Myra! I know what you mean about being thankful and not thinking about our own personal issues as such a big deal. I have to be careful not to hole up in my own little world though when I get to thinking about everything that is going on in the rest of the world. Looks like y'all had a great Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine. I am getting more and more compliments and loving it. I just have to be careful to remember the road back to where I started is just a few unwise choices away. I read somewhere that people in depression as part of their treatment were told to work in homeless shelters or help with reading for poor children or something where they got the focus off themselves and on helping someone less fortunate. We should all do that in my opinion. Take care.

      Delete