Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Plan Your January 1 Post

I have been thinking about the posts that are sure to happen during the holidays.

Have you decided what your January 1, 2013 post will read?

Is it going to be a "starting over" post or a victory post?

"When we choose the path, we choose the destination."  -unknown

Our paths are decided upon each day. I have often just "gone with the flow" and let things happen to me rather than decided what was going to happen. I would exercise if I felt like it or there was time or whatever other reason/excuse popped into my head. Now I know pretty much how the exercise is going to look for the entire week. It's a part of my schedule.

I have also been thinking about (and dreading kind of) the overcrowding in the aerobics room after the first of the year. I am glad they are making the effort and I hope they continue but that's not how it goes. At the beginning of this year a group of friends came a couple times. One of them had those slip-on shoes that looked like a workout shoe but had the open back. They talked during class. One kept checking her cell phone. Annoying really.

I get 4 of my 8 glasses of water down in the morning. I have a bottle that holds 32 oz. and so I can pace myself. I don't have a guilt trip over the 10 or more glasses rule or the half my weight = ounces of water to be consumed rule. I also drink green tea and other teas. Sometimes I drink more water. I am just careful to get in the 8 glasses.

I used to keep track of my carbs until I got the hang of it and now I have no idea how many carbs I eat each day. I do know what to eat and what not to eat.

We are going to be choosing our paths regardless. What will yours and my destination look like based on our paths?

My January post will read that I am now in the 160's and looking forward to goal weight and maintenance. I weighed 175.5 the last time I weighed so 169.5 is not far away. I will be walking through some mine fields - Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, my birthday, getting together with friends for our annual dinner/gift exchange, and who knows what else will arise? 

Thankfully my lifestyle changes will carry me through. I don't eat sugar anymore. It doesn't depend on what I weigh or how I feel. It doesn't matter if I am at someone else's house or out for a meal. I don't eat sugar anymore.

I exercise 3 - 5 times a week. That also does not depend on what I weigh or how I feel. I exercise 3 - 5 times a week.

I drink 64 oz. of water a day - minimum. I just do. I take it with me. I start early in the day.

We can all do these things. We can choose our destination by choosing the path we take. Hopefully none of us is subconsciously planning on being the victim and preparing the time tested litany of reasons/excuses for having a disastrous holiday season.

If you are, you are looking at the storm with the same eyes you created it with.

Be careful out there today.


14 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Love this post!! I definitely want to think about what my Jan 1 post will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome. You can make your January 1 post exactly what you want it to be. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Those of us who have been at this for a while realize that the responsibility is ours to create where we want to be on January 1, 2013. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you found some encouragement. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Great post! If we want it bad enough, we will achieve! I will not eat any differently over the hoidays then I do now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will. I am right there with you. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  5. Love this! I want mine to be a victory post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. I want to have a victory post come January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is in you Beth. That victory post will feel so good and I am looking forward to reading it. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  7. Mine will hopefully be "I survived 2012." Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it has been a tough year, the next year can begin right now. You don't have to wait for 2013. There is nothing magic about January 1. You don't even have to follow someone else's rules. Stop eating sugar, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and exercise 3 - 5 times a week and you will lose weight. Other parts of your life will fall into place as well and you will desire health and being in control. Trust me on this one. Take care.

      Delete