Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, November 24, 2012

Challenge

I am participating in this Challenge. Want to join me?

I haven't been paying as close attention as I should be lately and need something to get me fired up again.

This challenge is 5 weeks long and must be entered by this evening. I like that the food is not prescribed for me and there is no calorie mandate - I will be doing my thing. I just have to log my food which I generally don't do but for this 5 week challenge I will make a point of it. Maybe I won't eat things I don't want to write down. The only tweak I will do is the vegetable at breakfast. I will be doubling up on vegetables at another meal for that one. I also don't usually have 3 fruits a day due to the carbs but will get a bag of small apples. There are raisins in my morning muffin and the trail mix I make so that will count as another fruit. I know on WW 1/2 a banana is a fruit so I will get in just under the line with the fruit.

There are small mini-challenges each week which will make it fun.

We are having Thanksgiving again today on the other side of the family. I am making 2 butterscotch pies, 2 chocolate pies, and baked beans (of which I will have none). I have to hustle this morning because I had to drive an armored truck yesterday and then had a service call so didn't get home until late. I did get my pie crusts made and baked so I have to do the fillings and meringue this morning as well as the baked beans before the event at 1 p.m. I am on call all day so I am hoping for no service calls.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting challenge! I think I'm going to "keep dancing with the one I came with" (so to speak)...

    You've been one busy lady! Hope your day is uninterrupted by service calls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Take care.

      Delete
  2. BUTTERSCOTCH PIE?!?!?!? How have I lived 43 years not knowing of this...and why did you have to tell me about it??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mix 1/3 c. flour with 1 cup brown sugar, pinch of salt, and 2 c. whole milk - bring that to a boil on med. and boil for 2 minutes. Before beginning separate 3 eggs - the whites will be for the meringue. After boiling for 2 min. take a spoon of the boiled mixture or two and add it to the egg yolks in a cup - mix well - add back to filling mixture and boil another min., remove from heat and add 3 T real butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Place in pre-baked pie crust. Do the meringue after pies have set and completely cooled. Just tempting you - if you do make one - take it somewhere so you can only have a sliver or make it at home and send the rest with someone after having aforementioned sliver. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I will do no such thing! ;) Just going to pretend I never even saw this post or heard the words "butterscotch" and "pie" in the same sentence...

      Delete
    3. That's probably the best plan. I won't even have the sliver. I will come home with not a crumb of those pies. If I don't start, I don't have to worry about stopping, right? Have a wonderful day.

      Delete