Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Few Words

I have been in a dry spell. It happens.

I weighed 175.5 last time I weighed. Four more pounds gone. I am just not even a weekly weigher but I will post when I am in the mood to get on the scales.

I have had a conflict with another person in my quilt group. I have told you about my quilt retreats and how much I enjoy them. This person and I usually go together and we had our plans made. Another person in our group found out at the last minute that she could go and I was so happy and thought "A" would be happy to change plans somewhat - NOT. The new person offered to drive but nothing doing. "A" accused me of demanding that she change plans. She said she was not going to "kiss ass" and I was taking over and yada, yada, yada.

We also arrived early at her house the morning we were to leave to drive to Camp Mack. The new gal and I were to follow "A". She was visibly angry when she opened the door. I did apologize for arriving early. She said we interrupted her rest time before leaving (cardiac patient and diabetic) and cut into her time with her husband before being gone for the weekend. 

She was mad so she had to vent all my trespasses in an email. She has been doing all this passive-aggressive stuff and I finally had enough and emailed her.

Here's one. At the quilt show on her way out a couple years ago she said I was poking her in the stomach and yelling at her that she needed to lose that big, fat belly. I have never touched her or yelled at her. I think her meds need adjusted. She told me she could work Friday or Saturday at the quilt show so I put her down for Friday. Another woman was willing to work on Friday but not Saturday so I asked "A" if she would switch and she agreed. She felt like I was pushing her around. I told her she should have said something and I would have figured something else out.

Here's another. She said every time I go to the quilt retreat there are problems. Get this. At the first quilt retreat I went to with her I didn't go to the dining hall for some of the meals. I was beginning my low-carb food plan and stayed at the lodge to quilt and had one of my Quest Protein Bars for the meal. She said the others wondered what my problem was. She said she told them I was on a diet. I don't really think anyone asked what my problem was but just inquired as to where I was. This was a problem? This one really burned my cookies (so to speak). I told her in my email that I would eat what I wanted. I would eat when I wanted. If this offended her or anyone else they would just have to offended. Eating in the dining hall is not mandatory. Those women would eat the junk snacks, watch the clock for meal times, and go over and eat full meals when there was no way they could have been hungry. Their choice. I am not doing that anymore. I am pretty touchy about comments on what and when I eat. Don't go there "A". She does need to lose her big, fat belly although I would never say that - she is a cardiac patient, is diabetic, and is obese (not to mention a retired nurse).

Another problem I caused. She was weary one evening in the lodge and was sitting on a couch and I jokingly said she needed a glass of wine and sit by the fire. She informed me that Camp Mack was smoke free and tobacco free (like I didn't know). I told her I was joking.

Another of my trespasses occurred when she came late to one of our meetings and I said, "at least you got here" meaning it was good to see her at the meeting even if a little late. She took that to mean that I pointed out that she was late to the group.

She said my behavior needed to change regarding group activities. I miss meetings and activities when I have to run the route. I told her if I only had to do the Indiana ATM's I had time to attend the meetings but when I have to do the whole route it is 300 miles and takes 8 hours. Is this her concern?

There are 3 quilt retreats a year at Camp Mack. She doesn't go to the February one so the new gal and I will go to that one and not the other two that "A" attends. She ended her email telling me she had a wonderful life and didn't have to find fulfillment at quilt retreats and was magnanimous enough to wish us well finding a quilt retreat that met our needs like we have empty lives and so we go to quilt retreats.

I won't even get started on our Mystery Quilt clues where she was overlooked, denied, and generally mistreated.

I joined in a conversation of which she was a part and shouldn't have butted in and kept on and whatever else I did that upset her apple cart.

People are great aren't they? Hope all of you have been well, are on your chosen plan, and making progress.

15 comments:

  1. Sigh. That's so sad, Myra. Glad you checked in, but sorry your retreat experience was unpleasant. Sometimes it seems like high school never ends, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do well with people who look for slights and get offended over things that are of no consequence. It usually doesn't take me long to give them a reason to get their undies in a wad. I hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  2. I've missed your blog posts, sorry you're having to deal with a drama queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm glad you are moving on! And congrats on that 4 pound loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are best left alone. Since she makes mountains out of molehills I will be staying out of her way for sure. She will be looking for any little thing now and I don't plan to fuel the fire. Thanks for the congratulations!

      Delete
  4. Myra, I've missed you!!

    I'm sorry to read about your unpleasant quilt retreat. It does sound like she needs to have some meds adjusted. What bizarre behavior from an adult woman.

    Nice job with the 4 lb's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear from you Jenn. I have been reading blogs so I have been keeping up with the rest of you but just haven't had anything to say - writer's block or something. I am going to be hard to live with when I get in the 160's! Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  5. Oh Myra, I'm so sorry to hear that your blogging absence was also filled with unpleasant drama. I have a feeling that you and I operate in a very similar way- pretty open and honest. Then when you learn that someone has been smoldering away with hard feelings, it is hard to understand why someone would not extend honesty to you as you have them.
    I have had a friend who really lost it on me and ended up making up some really weird stories and going behind my back to try to damage other friendships. It's especially hard to deal with unstable personalities. You just can't tell where things will go in some situations.
    Keep your chin up and know that your brand of honesty is appreciated here on your blog. I considered checking in with you and inquiring about what was up, but also thought that if you weren't blogging you probably had a good reason and didn't need to be bugged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be told that I was missed. It certainly was a surprise when she detailed all of the things I had done that caused her to be angry with me. Much of it was made up and exaggerated I guess to convince herself that she had been wronged. I have put the whole thing aside because she has been so ridiculous. I am perfectly capable of making her mad without her making things up :-) Take care.

      Delete
  6. Glad you posted! But sorry you had a bad quilt retreat experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling "in the mood" again to blog. I even have some new ideas to expand upon. Stay tuned! Glad you missed me. I was missing all my followers as well. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  7. I find that sometimes I just need to step away from people...esp. people like this. I can hold a grudge as well as anyone but that email seemed ridiculously in the minutia.

    Congrats on the 4 pounds gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My sister had a picture on her blog of an angry looking cat and the caption was, "There are two kinds of people, and I don't like them." It was pretty cute. I cannot let people like "A" keep me from staying in touch with all my wonderful, beautiful friends and followers. She is the one with the problem. Take care.

      Delete