Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Day In The Life of a Fat Cell

A Day In The Life Of A Fat Cell

This is interesting reading. I already knew a lot of it but we can always learn something new. I went to step aerobics this morning after having done body sculpt last night. The muscles were a little tired this morning but I kept up pretty well.  I had my raisin bran muffin before I left and a smoothie when I got home - almond milk, over-ripe banana, scoop whey protein powder, spoon of almond butter, chia seeds, milled flax meal, 1 packet stevia - very filling, very good.

I am sewing Christmas gifts at the present time so will be getting to that today.

I have read several times that one of the reasons many struggle to keep off weight that has been lost is that fat cells never die or decrease in number. They are just lurking to suck up any indiscretions with our eating. Forewarned is forearmed.

Building muscle is the answer to this in my opinion. Occasional indiscretions can be covered through a BMR that is higher due to muscle mass - plus just the activity of building muscle in itself burns many calories and there is even an afterburn. I have read that we continue to burn calories at a higher rate for up to 3 hours after the workout. What's not to like?

So how have you been treating your fat cells lately?

10 comments:

  1. I've been feeding my fat cells bacon. They seem to like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on low carb and bacon is 0 carbs. I love bacon and so have to use my head but it's the toast at breakfast and the home fries that are the bad guys. Fat cells like carbs first. The insulin response caused by eating carbs is the signal to store fat. Take care.

      Delete
  2. LOVE that piece, Myra. Such a vivid illustration of how most people have no idea how everything they eat has an immediate and long-term effect on their bodies. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to expand upon it at your place. That article makes the process easy to understand and also educates readers on the importance of what we put in our mouths. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I am working on starving my fat cells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't stop making them miserable! Take care.

      Delete
  4. I'm SO fascinated by your food choices! Clearly it's working for you, Myra! I'd sure love to see some pictures of your Christmas creations (if there's anyway to show them without their recipients knowing...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make a point of getting some pictures up when the projects are done. Take care.

      Delete
  5. The fat fight is never over and I am oh so glad to be fighting it, rather than let it take over. Love your food choices and the way that you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be on this side of the fat fight isn't it? The battle is now different but just as important. Be careful out there today.

      Delete