Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Friend Making Tuesday

OK - so now it's four posts for the day.

1) I am how many years old, weigh this much, and aspire to weigh this much....




I will be 63 years old in November. My last weight was 181. I started out at 230 and aspire to get to 165 at the moment. I weighed 157 when I got married so that's another number I am considering. The top of the weight range for my height when I was in WW was 149 but I start looking a little scrawny then.

2) I am following a great plan, and this is what I do....


Low-carb, exercise 3 - 5 times a week, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

3) When faced with a decision of whether to eat something in moderation or abstain, I choose to....

I have been known to do both at one time or another. I have a talk with myself first and determine my reason for wanting to eat this. It also depends on what it is. If it is a donut - abstain for sure. If the menu is out of my control, moderation.

4) I am employed as this, or I am not working but used to be this...

I am a retired school teacher. You can probably tell that from my blog. I have a part-time job with ATM Solutions to support my habits - quilting and flowers.

5) I have pets, and they are, named....

Registered German shepherd - Sergeant Major Baldwin (Sarge), and a cat - Noggin.

6) My favorite snack food is.... and I can eat this many of them....

Almonds. Don't really count; I try to eat them slowly until I feel the "enough" signal. It's a lot easier to stop with unsalted almonds than junk.

7) I blog because......


Everybody has a right to my opinion :-) Really - it's an outlet, a sounding board. I enjoy writing and composing things. I get to give and receive support, advice, and friendship.

8 comments:

  1. Almonds. Man...so good! I like to eat a serving of them and then quickly chug a whole bottle of room temperature water and wait for that feeling I get in my stomach like it's expanding and I never want to eat anything ever again cuz I'm so full. Sick games I play with myself.

    GREAT job on your weight loss. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say - if it works it's a good thing. Thank you for the kind words. I am feeling pretty good about it. Welcome to my blog! Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. Very good point on #3 (when the menu is out of your control, you control the portions/choices).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the menu is out of our control, it is not an excuse to throw in the towel and be out of control totally. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Great answers. Off to read more. Control is very hard from me. Learing!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Control is hard for all of us but we have to make the right choices most of the time and all of the time when possible. Take care.

      Delete
  4. You are a blogging maniac today! Hope you have fun on your quilting retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to do a quick post before my quilt retreat but things kept coming to me and I wanted to get them posted before I lost my train of thought. Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

      Delete