Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, October 12, 2012

Attitude

Look at what we are capable of doing. One of my biggest regrets is not challenging myself physically while still young. I know it's never too late to start but these two girls have put in hours of practice and are probably still in school. Another thing - they started young before they knew that they couldn't do this so they went ahead and did it. Why do we have to watch kids around a swimming pool? They don't know they can't swim, they will just jump in.

A big part of our struggles to lose weight is the knowledge that we can fail and have done it many times in some cases. Each time we fail it leaves a memory; it makes the next failure a little easier and soon we have created a pattern. Let's begin to act "as if". You fill in the next few words.

I have spent much of my life taking the path of least resistance. I have been mediocre when I could have been great. I have been guilty of doing as little as possible and dragging my feet.

What if we put this level of commitment to excellence in everything we do? Can all of us find something at which we be excellent? Sure we can. It is an attitude.

These two girls had to first have the attitude that they were capable of doing something like this. They may not have considered getting to this level at the beginning and I am sure that they crashed and burned many times. They did not say it was too hard and give up. I wonder how many sprained wrists and ankles they have had or bruises. They have probably been practicing while others their age were sitting on the couch with their video games or watching a movie.

They chose to be excellent. All of us can be excellent each day. We owe it to ourselves to have an attitude that creates the foundation for excellence.

Yesterday I was considering skipping body sculpt but then I saw Rae Rae J and decided if she can do this so can I. We have to exercise whether we want to or not, eat right whether we feel like it or not, drink water when we would rather have something else and do this CONSISTENTLY. This is not a day or two here and a day or two there sort of thing. It takes the attitude of wanting to get healthy and strong and this attitude must carry us through the tough days and the tough situations. We don't want to trade our success for cake.

How's your attitude these days?



6 comments:

  1. <3 No words ma'am. I am humbled. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed with your before and after pictures. I hope you can keep your head on straight. I know you can. Dangerous days are ahead. Maintenance is new territory. You remember that since you don't know you can't do it you can just go ahead and do it like those girls above. Be careful out there today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably more afraid of maintenance than I was the 180 pounds. I know that sounds silly, but I can see the dangers ahead.

      Delete
    2. I know when I get there (I'm right behind you) I am not going to change anything except adding back lean meats, vegetables, some fruits. I read an article that we should NOT add back carbs so keep that in mind. We know what carbs will do to us so let's not push our luck. We should just keep on with the exercising, the water, and declining all the "reasons" that are really excuses to eat outside our plan. This is our way of life now and we have worked hard to get where we are today. Be careful out there.

      Delete
  3. Amazing what many of us are capable of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We don't use a fraction of our potential I am sure. Take care.

      Delete