Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Thought

I had another thought while answering Norma's comment on my last post. As I typed this I had an epiphany:

What gets us to obese is different from what keeps us there.

I have been thinking about that statement ever since it tumbled out of my brain. Are there two different sets of causative factors here?

Getting obese, as Norma said, has to have more than just not being concerned or paying attention at its base. I would agree. Does this same person have a different battle when having reached obese and now wants to lose his/her weight? Now self-discipline plays more of a role than it did while the weight gain was happening. At obesity, there is a long, hard road ahead back to normal weight. Now the person has to really CARE.

I am having trouble putting this into words. What do you think? I know I have some followers who will do a great job of expanding on this topic.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment