Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, October 14, 2012

- and the crowd goes wild :-)

I am now in the next digit (watch out Leigh and Rae Rae - here I come :-)

I think I have gotten myself into a mild state of ketosis.

Ketogenic Diets

I can tell because I have a slightly bad taste in my mouth which is what happened with Atkins when I tried it a few years ago. I was also tired and my breath could have peeled wallpaper. It has been very gradual as I do not go as extreme as Atkins does at the beginning.

This article does state that the body does adapt to burning fat for fuel. I guess I just don't see the need to be so uncomfortable getting there. We WANT to burn fat for fuel. That is why I sing the praises of low carb.

I was having trouble viewing my blog this morning - I kept getting the message that "no site was configured at this address" - I could view my comments and stats but not my blog. Any suggestions?

My mother was taken to the hospital Friday night. We think it was a TIA. This will be her second one. A family member called her and noticed her speech wasn't right and asked if she needed help. She said she did but couldn't think of the number to call so an ambulance was sent. Her speech has gradually improved and she doesn't stumble over words like she was Friday evening in the emergency room. She is having a carotid ultrasound tomorrow. The four of us kids have decided she should not live alone anymore. We just buried her sister. She has lost three of her sisters now and there is Mom and two more sisters left. Seems like we have several fellow bloggers with health concerns in the family. It is a source of comfort knowing that people we have never met personally are always ready with support and encouragement regardless of the situation.

Have a blessed Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mom. I will certainly add her to my prayers:) Congrats on the loss! We are neck and neck indeed. My weight-loss has slowed considerably...maybe since you are in ketosis, you can totally whip my butt! Go Myra:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think weight loss slows down the closer we get to our goal weight - but that's OK - this is a lifestyle change and this is the way we ARE now so the weight will come off whether slow or fast. I really don't care because I am getting pretty content but not in a dangerous way. I just am not having any anxiety about the number on the scale or what I eat or whether I should exercise or not. I just know it will happen in time. Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  2. Heck yeah woman! A healthy challenge always gets my butt moving. ;) Proud of you.

    I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for you & yours indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't want to add the stress of getting competitive to this because it can work against us at times. As you can see from my comment to Leigh - this lifestyle change will make it happen. I am not changing anything because what I am doing now works. If you get to the next digit before I do I will be your biggest cheerleader! Take care.

      Delete
  3. 50 pounds - YEAH! and ditto what Leigh said about your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Marc. This weight loss thing is just as hard as we make it. Steady as she goes and all that - we'll get there. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Way to go, Myra! You look terrific. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful- 50 lbs. down! I'll bet you can really feel some differences in your life and how you feel overall.
    So sorry about your Mom. I'm glad your family seems rational in how to deal with this situation. You can only support each other through this and hope that your mother will be open to having help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think she knows it's time for her to move on to the next stage of her life. She will be safe and we won't be worrying about her if she is in one of our homes. The loss feels great for sure! Take care.

      Delete
  6. Sorry for your mom's ill health - difficult to deal with for sure. I hope that things improve and that the paths ahead are smooth.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I appreciate you. Take care.

      Delete